collections - rare stuff...

5thSeason

agent of brutality
Feb 8, 2004
Beyond The Unknown
www.dmccaulley.com
I dont know about you guys but I collect metal CD's, its a hobby. Do you collect albums from any certain band(s). If so, which bands and what do you have? Also mention any random rare things from your entire collection.

The heart of my collection is my In Flames stuff. I also collect stuff from bands directly related to in flames (dimension zero, sacrilege, ceremonial oath, ect...). I work for a radio station and a bunch of my listeners were asking to see some of my in flames stuff, so i put togeather a half-assed website.

http://www.dmccaulley.com/inflames/

Since making that website I have picked up a 5th copy of Clayman (korean digi-pak with the "strong and smart" bonus track). I have also pre-ordered the new In Flames box set (limited to 1000 copies - made of wood), the re-re-release of both Lunar Strain, and Subterranean, and the euro, digipak version of the upcoming quiet place EP. I will also get the domestic version of the EP, and the new album when they come out. I also got the colony, jester race, clayman, and reroute to remain picture LPs.

My non-in flames rare stuff is also on that website.

The hearts of my collection is Cradle of Filth, Children of Bodom, In Flames, Nightwish, and Dimmu Borgir (HUGE collections from each, im insane when it comes to collecting, and Ebay is the shizznit) I've also got everything from Emperor, all bootlegs, and double releases... I'm quite proud of my collection

Here's some of my rare stuff
Immolation - Dawn of Possession
Insision - Promo 2000 Sighned by Carl Birath (Vocalist)
Original US releases of the first 3 Opeth CDs
Agalloch - Pale Folklore (I'm assuming it's rare since it was such a pain in the ass to get my hands on)
October Falls - Tuoni Promo
Basically all of my LPs (Be it 12", 10" or 7") are rare as fuck (Various Amon Amarth, Opeth, Ulver, Death, Children of Bodom, Insision, Incantation, Darkthrone, Dissection, Burzum, Decapitated, Carcass, Vader, Naglfar, Dead Silent Slumber, Vomitory, Inveracity, and Morbid Angel)
Dimmu Borgir - Stormblåst (Original Cacophonous)
Arsis - First pressing of 2001 and 2002 demos
Opeth guitar pick handed to me from Peter Lindgren

and I'm sure I have more

im on the hunt to complete my emperor collection. i dont have anything too special right now, but in the near future i WILL have the emperial vinyl presentation
~gR~

I have various things that I have collected over the years. I'll list some of them...

Danzig - How The Gods Kill box with video. I also had it signed by Glenn himself.
King Diamond - The Lake ltd picture disc and also the Them pic disc
Metallica - Every vinyl up to and including ...And Justice w/ Creeping Death and Whiplash EPs
Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armageddon box
Cradle Of Filth - Celtic Cross edition of Cruelty...
Katatonia - Saw You Drown and Jhva Elohim Meth

That's all I can think of for now...

I've got original vinyl pressings of Burzum's '91 Demo and Mayhem's "Live In Leipzig".

Also, being the once obsessed CoF fan that I was, I've got original copies of their demos and "A Pungent And Sexual Miasma" split between them and Malediction.

<OPINION>
Too bad CoF went downhill after "Dusk...", I really liked them.
</OPINION>

I collect Cds i guess. I have a few worth telling about.
In Flames- Subterranean
In Flames- Black Ash Inheritance
Atheist- Elements
Atheist- Piece of Time
Eucharist- Mirrorworlds
Crystal Age- Far Beyond Divine Horizons

Genocide:If you EVER find a copy of A Midsummer Night's Dream bootleg, GET IT! It is very difficult to get ahold of, it took me over a year to find a cheap copy

was that the london bootleg?

i actually saw the london bootleg while in norway and i didnt get it *kicks self*
~gR~

Immolation - Dawn of Possession? I have the first pressing, but I don't consider it rare.

What do I have that I consider rare?

Xytras - Passage (original single issue CD)
Pink Floyd - The Wall (Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs Ultradisc)
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (MFSL Ultradisc)
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother (MFSL Ultradisc)
Vio-Lence - Eternal Nightmare
Exodus - Bonded by Baloff
Dismal Euphomy - Demo CD
Malevolent Creation - First three (have them all but those are the OOP)
Suffocation - the first pressings of the first three

Umm.... other stuff I'm sure... I've over 450 cds, but those are the ones that come to mind...

I possibly own the most complete Babylon Whores collection outside Finland (also including related bands), and certainly the most complete Schweisser collection outside the band itself (I got a whole bunch of demo tapes, rehearsal tapes, and unreleased preproduction demos directly from the drummer).

Other than that, I'm a completionist with all the bands I like as far as official releases go - though I'm not the kind of collector like mentioned above who will buy several versions of the same album even if they don't contain bonus stuff. It's the recorded output I collect, not different pressings - for example, I wouldn't buy a Korean version just for the sake of owning it if I have the bonus tracks it contains already somewhere else.

The only band I additionally collect rarities and (factory-pressed) bootlegs of would be Blind Guardian (though I'm not that big a fan of the band since I'm not a teenager anymore, it's more of a sentimental leftover from the days of my youth).

Some things that come to mind are:

Babylon Whores - Devil's Meat 7" (lim. 300), Sloane 313 EP (lim. 500), Trismegistos EP (lim. 500)
Schweisser - Die Schweisser LP (lim. 1000)
Dissection - practically everything I own from Dissection is limited or OOP in some way: No Fashion release of The Somberlain, first pressing digipak of Storm Of The Light's Bane, Where Dead Angels Lie shaped CD, Live Legacy box with additional CD+DVD (lim. 1000)
Children Of Bodom - all the singles, Tokyo Warhearts box
Blind Guardian - second Lucifer's Heritage original demo tape, Follow The Blind (original vinyl on NRR), several Japanese versions
Cradle Of Filth - Dusk And Her Embrace digibook, Dusk And Her Embrace coffin, Cruelty And The Beast Japanese, Cruelty And The Beast cross, From The Cradle To Enslave digi, Midian digibook
Hypocrisy - The Arrival (box + DVD, lim. 1000)
Nocte Obducta - Begräbnisvermählung (demo tape), Stille (vinyl, lim. 333)
Sentenced - The Trooper EP
My Dying Bride - The Stories (3CD box)
Immortal - Battles In The North (digi and lim.ed. with the Immortal 7" tracks), Blizzard Beasts (embossed case, lim. 1000)

Damn, I have an HTML list of my collection, I should put it online somewhere for you to worship it. :)

some stuff of mine:

amon amarth - arrival of the fimbul winter (original demo)
arckanum - fran marder (first necropolis press)
dissection - storm of the light's bane LP
dissection - where dead angels lie Shape CD
meshuggah - none MCD
naglfar - when autumn storms come PIC EP
naglfar - vittra PIC LP

genocide roach said:
was that the london bootleg?

i actually saw the london bootleg while in norway and i didnt get it *kicks self*
~gR~

I don't think it's the London bootleg. It's this one:

http://www.emperordiscography.com/bootlegs/boot-MND.html

Edit: It says it's recorded during a show in UK in 1993. So it might be the bootleg you're referring to. Where did you see it? I may have to go to Oslo and buy it if you saw it there. How was your trip, by the way? Did you check out any of the places I recommended?

I've got quite a few rarities when it comes to punkrock, including rare promo singles and such. Haven't got that much rare stuff when it comes to metal, only

Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armageddon (Limited edition digipak version incl. bonustrack "Satan My Master")

Don't know if digipaks of Borknagar's "Quintessence" and Dew Scented's "Impact" are rare in any way.. But they do look slick.

henrikmain said:
I don't think it's the London bootleg. It's this one:

http://www.emperordiscography.com/bootlegs/boot-MND.html

Edit: It says it's recorded during a show in UK in 1993. So it might be the bootleg you're referring to. Where did you see it? I may have to go to Oslo and buy it if you saw it there. How was your trip, by the way? Did you check out any of the places I recommended?
my trip was fantastic, im going back very soon. and i did pretty much everything there is todo in oslo hehe.

i found the cd in one of the used stores, in that area with alot of used stores. good luck finding it :loco: i may have to ask my friend who was with me if he remembers which store it was, and then have him send it to me hehehe
~gR~