COME CLARITY=SOILWORK

doom_death

Katatonia&Hypocrisy Fan
Sep 4, 2005
Zagreb,Croatia[Hrvatska]
Please, tell me, is it just me, or the new album, which I think it's a really good, sound very much like last 2-3 albums of Soilwork? I'm not mad, it does sound like this...Just want few opinions....Thanx

It's a crime to put opinions like that on this forum, better go away.
Someone will tell you this: "Go and write your music and do the cover art yourself"

But I'll give you my opinion anyway:

For me they sound like the past 2 or 3 soilwork albums too, just without those amazing solos wichers and frenning do, and "Speed's" clean vocals ( growls too) are far better than anders'...I don't like soilwork's last three realeases by the way, and seeing IF taking that direction sucks !

Now both bands want to be as catchy as they can, and they forgot how to make strong albums with strong songs..."Just put some gay chorus in this weak guitar part and that will sound catchy and the americans will be happy"...How pitty !!

Peter Wichers has left SOILWORK I hope he will take the right direction again doing those insane riffs and solos he used to do in his "Chainheart machine" days...

Ready for your "Fuck off's" mates...:wave:

Peter Wichers has left SOILWORK I hope he will take the right direction again doing those insane riffs and solos he used to do in his "Chainheart machine" days...

Wichers Left???? When??? I just saw them a few weeks ago and unless I was mistaken he was playing with them.

WTF
I guess I should read news about Soilwork.

I don't think the new album sounds like Soilwork... Maybe a couple songs like Pacing Death's Trail (Is that the name?) but not as a whole.

Haven't heard the most recent Soilwork but Come Clarity sounds like a bad attempt at trying to make their most recent style that they've been doing for R2R and STYE heavier again.

yea I know what you mean...can't really describe it though. The kinda thrashy agressive verses leading into catchy clean choruses, I guess.

Strid is a way better vocalist than Anders, at least at clean singing.

Peter left soilwork to persue producing as he has a wife here in the states now and is wanting to set a more stable future for himself. He has been really busy with producing lately but there are a few things comming up in which he will be a part of musicialy. I heard him jam a few riffs he has been working on and they are damn amazing. As far as new in flames sounding like soilwork, I dont really think so. I mean..it is going for the same catchyness like previously stated but thats all thats really similar in my opinion. I personaly dont like anything in flames after clayman or any soilwork after nbc. If they would have stayed on the same route they were going..I cant even comprehend what insane music they would have out right now. You shouldnt hate them for doing what they did...in all reality you should hate america and crap american bands...thats really what set them off in the new direction. Notice once they, or any other amazing swede/norway/etc band, came over here, it went downhill. Yay for america and its never-ending greed for money.