Comus - First Utterance

Can I add that it's fucking lame to whine about people not taking notice of your band? This is a forum on a metal board, we have no obligation to check out every folk/other random crap band that's posted. If it makes you sad that nobody checked out and subsequently converted to cultish love of the band you suggested or support, get over it and shut up. Sorry, IoftheStorm.

Demilich said:
Can I add that it's fucking lame to whine about people not taking notice of your band? This is a forum on a metal board, we have no obligation to check out every folk/other random crap band that's posted. If it makes you sad that nobody checked out and subsequently converted to cultish love of the band you suggested or support, get over it and shut up. Sorry, IoftheStorm.

Cheers.

And by the way, this album still rules.

Demilich: First of all its not my band.
Second: Yes i can whine (whine? your post about my whining was bigger than my "whining post", so who is whining, me or you?) as much as i want since threads about a band (especially about a KILLER band) are totally ignored, and other threads about every random CRAP (really random and really CRAP, non musical too) that someone has in its mind, are winning. Dont worry it doesnt make me that sad (wait- i just ran out of tissues because i cry about this thread), and its not about "conversion in a cultish love for a band".
And its lame to whine about other people "whining". Get over it and shut up

In all fairness though, it just comes down to what you think of the band, or your opinion, as always. I listened to that track and in all honesty, I thought it was shit. It's just not my style of music. Is there anything wrong with that? Absolutely not. Most of the bands I recommend are ignored by most people on this forum, yet I don't feel the need to call them out and say "You listen to power metal, try some good music."

Most of Doomcifer's request are ignored by me simply because I know he is heavily into music I do not like, which is a lot of doom, old and new. If he were recommending emotional, masterful Pagan bands on a daily basis such as he did with Belenos, then I'd be all over his jock.

And get off your "metalheads can't appreciate 70's genuine music" argument.

Easy now.. especially the thing you said in the last sentence.. i think it was quite obvious that i was (almost) joking. Everyone can check whatever he wants, and everyone can make a comment about people ignoring a band they might possibly adore (or just like, or hate-yes). Everyone here cries for more music (in most threads), so what happenes when someone presents it to him? He pays no attention.

iofthestorm you fucking my pals cunt, back off or I'll smack your sorry little ass (or is it face? can't tell the difference) so fuckin hard your grandkids will bleed, don't be so fucking pretentious

:lol: @ taking me seriously? I really really shouldn't post this so you'll keep hating me and stuff, but LOLs are for spreading I guess...

EDIT: btw, calling you pretentious IN that lame post is OK, but never again?

..but I thought it was funny?

I haven't listened because I'm a lazy fuck with a transfer limit, but I really liked the cover (Or thought it was very good at least, don't know if "like" is a fitting word)

This thread will not die until more peeps check it out.

2 years late, but better than never. I just listened to "First Comus" FTW :kickass: I plan on purchasing a couple solid progressive rock albums this weekend, and this is going on top of the list, alongside Amon Duul's debut, Caravan's "LoGaP", some Ghost, and maybe Renaissance's "Turn of the Cards"

Looking forward to hearing that "drip drip" tune.

Big :lol: @ Greek vs Canuck

Demilich told me to check these guys out, and the mp3 is still sitting on my desktop waiting. Soon I will hear them.

You prefer Yeti right? I was leaning towards "Phallus Dei" or "Wolf City". The former because it is heralded as their best album, the latter due to the kick ass cover art.

amon-wolf.jpg
:kickass: