Concerts Setlist - Paradise Lost Tour

i'd prefer egypt/ death of balance, or even WoB rather than looking glass.

i know, i know i'm weird!

I have to admit that i would rather have Egypt and WoB rather then Looking glass.
Not saying looking glass is bad(its one of their top 15 best songs for sure)
But i just love Egypt and WoB better...

Redragon

id be happy with any of those but I think it would be nice if they started phasing out sea of lies for more stuff from V or possibly something from damnation game?

i'd prefer egypt/ death of balance, or even WoB rather than looking glass.

Not me! I've seen Babylon and the Egypt/Death combo before; TTLG is one of my top Symphony X songs!

id be happy with any of those but I think it would be nice if they started phasing out sea of lies for more stuff from V or possibly something from damnation game?

It's very unlikely that anything from Damnation Game will be played anytime soon. Hell, I'm surprised they're playing Masquerade from the s/t. I do think the title track and Dressed to Kill would be cool live, though. From V, I'd love to see Absence of Light, A Fool's Paradise, or Rediscovery.

I'm all for dropping the regulars, though. It's not like they have to worry about playing any "greatest hits." If they dropped...

Inferno
Of Sins and Shadows
Evolution
Smoke and Mirrors
Sea of Lies

... and instead, played...

King of Terrors
Dressed to Kill
Fallen
Church of the Machine
Out of the Ashes

... I'd be a happy camper. I'm not complaining, though -- every Symphony X song has a special place in my heart. Yep, even Shades of Gray.

well. as far as i'm concerned, i'm the only one here from the philly area!!! hahaha

so at the philly show, they should play Egypt/ death of balance. and evolution. and i think they have played eve of seduction at all shows so far, but they better not remove it!

also if they take out the revelation/dwot in the US, i'll cry a bit.

Piacenza, 26/02/08

Ocuclus Ex Inferi
Set the World on Fire
Domination
Serpent's Kiss
Masquerade
Paradise Lost
Egypt/Death Of Balance
Inferno
Smoke & Mirrors
Sea of Lies
Revelation/Divine Wings of Tragedy(last part)
------------------
Eve of Seduction
Out Of The Ashes
Of Sins and Shadows

ASHES!!!!!!!!!!!!

They just seem to be rotating Egypt and TTLG, and then playing Ashes if the set time allows for it.

That Mokena date better have Looking Glass and Ashes, or else...OR ELSE...

...I'll wait 'til the next time I see them and hope they play it then. :rolleyes:

For the record, they have a brand-new-to-them sound guy with them on this tour, and they left for Europe just 2 days before the first show (allowing for virtually zero rehearsals with the guy) so give him a chance to get comfortable with the guys and the music. Already there's been a significant reduction in complaints about the sound compared to this point in the last two tours, so I'd say he's doing a decent job so far.

That's great news Jax, the sound on the last couple tours left much to be desired for sure. Completely understandable that it would take a new sound guy a little while to get the feel for it - it's one thing to be able to set decent levels, but becoming a real dynamic force by knowing where solos, etc, are and manipulating the levels accordingly takes time. Between that and a wise abandonment of the Palladium in Worcester MA in favor of The Middle East Club in Cambridge MA (which has comparably ridiculously good sound), I'm looking forward to hearing the band at a quality level that does their performance skill justice.

As long as they play Paradise Lost here in TX, I'll be happy. I'd love to see Of Sins and Shadows and Walls of Babylon though.

Either way, all of these set lists are awesome.

As far as my preference for the rotated set of songs go:

TTLG > Babylon > Egypt

TTLG is so great on the live album, and I'm sure it's even greater to be there. Babylon was awesome last time I saw it, and I'm not a huge fan of Egypt (sans the bass solo), so...

Also, as much as I like Ashes, I'd much rather have TTLG.

As much as I would LOVE to see Babylon played live again, I doubt it will happen. It doesn't seem like the band has played it live since the last leg unfortunately :(

It's a shame really 'cause its a kick ass song.

1/3/2008 @ La Riviera, Madrid, Spain.

Oculus Ex Inferni
Set the World on Fire
Domination
Serpent's Kiss
The Damnation Game
Paradise Lost
Through the Looking Glass
Inferno
Smoke and Mirrors
Sea of Lies
Revelation / Divine Wings VII (Paradise Regained)

Encore:
Eve of Seduction
Of Sins and Shadows

Also the setlist of Circus Maximus was:

A Darkened Mind
Abyss
Wither
Sin
Arrival of Love
Alive
Ultimate Sacrifice

And I don't remember exactly the setlist of Dreamscape, since I haven't heard of them so much, but they played Deja Vu, Somebody, When Shadows are gone and a few more.

PD: MARIA MARIAAAAAAAAA!!! :headbang:

Hey, don't forget to show us your photos in the sticky Show Us Your Pics thread..for as many shows as they've done now, there sure aren't many photos up there yet.