contraversial musical opinions

^And somebody's MSN is fucked! :lol:

Oh yeah. Shit, I haven't used MSN since the last time I talked to Henrik or FOTMBM. I use AIM, like every normal American prick

Also, enough about stupid fucking In Flames. The Jester Race is awesome and everything else is a pile of shit, minus a few songs from their earlier works. Listen to Intestine Baalism and shut UP about In Flames.

The overall quality of music has been in a frightening decline since the early 1900s.

Ahh no... there has been alot of great quality music throughout the whole 1900's with the exception of the 1990's... which is when music in general went into a decline and is evidenced by the decrease in CD sale's and this is before IPODs and such came out...

I'm inclined to agree with this. I think they expended all their creative energy on the debut albums and could not top them.
This does not explain why Immolation's Unholy Cult is so GREAT. As opposed to Close to a World Below which is just so painfully meandering and badly produced. I never understood all ther hype around Suffocation.
And Cadaver's In Pains is still the only album in death metal, that I would call utterly perfect in all respects. Nothing sounds like it, and nothing will ever eclipse its twisted experimental brilliance for me.

um...

Deathspell Omega is overhyped pseudo philosophical garbage. Do you people even try to find decent black metal anymore? Probably not, which explains the popularity of Blut Aus Nord, another shit frog band.

No one that listens to metal would give a shit about Porcupine Tree if not for akerfeldt buttlove for steve wilson. oh and PT suck. Opeth started sucking after morningrise.

Slayer sucks. Always have.

And yes, Twilight of the Gods>>other Bathory

This does not explain why Immolation's Unholy Cult is so GREAT. As opposed to Close to a World Below which is just so painfully meandering and badly produced. I never understood all ther hype around Suffocation.
And Cadaver's In Pains is still the only album in death metal, that I would call utterly perfect in all respects. Nothing sounds like it, and nothing will ever eclipse its twisted experimental brilliance for me.

What are your thoughts on Cadaver's first album, Hallucinating Anxiety?

Obviously not as good as ...In Pains, but some damn fine raw Death/Thrash nonetheless.

I listened to it several times and I don't know what to make of it yet. It sounds pretty standard and underdeveloped compared to In Pains. I don't like the production on it either. I should probably run through it a few more times.
The last album Necrosis is really fun, though. It's raw and ummm, catchy for lack of a better word. You should give it a try.

Porcupine Tree is a great band. Fuck that noise, and they had a substantial underground Prog following before Akerfeldt took them on the Damnation tour and chose him as producer. Their music is very influential to many bands. Also an awesome live band...seen em twice in the last month. But opinions are like assholes...everyone scratches em' and gets a stinkfinger.