contraversial musical opinions

You really need to get your ass kicked... perhaps get your balls ripped off and chewed on by this chick who recently got arrested for doing that to her boyfriend:

1. BlackMetal does not sound remotely like metalcore & the vocals are not the end all be all of Black metal and vocal styles vary...

2. Just the fact that you thought Kreator is black metal says alot... that you know shit about music especially metal

3. Death and Black do not sound remotely similar... you can't seem to tell the difference between genre's because so far metalcore, thrash and death metal to you sound like BlackMetal :lol:

4. Really don't give a opinion on Metal if you don't know what the fuck your talking about... go listen to metal for a year or two then get back to us... next your going to say My Dying Bride is the greatest black metal band of all time :lol:

I wouldn't normally critisize peoples' iopinons (even in my hifghly intoxicated state) but... the guy you quoted knows shit all about music. ;p

wait, all metal has to be furious/angry or it is a "mockery" of metal? :erk: Both agalloch and opeth are excellent bands
False choice fallacy. :) Quality aside (I still say pap) they remain effeminate acts that fail to retain the metal spirit, instead choosing to pursue other rock music avenues.

I'd say since the 1980s/90s

you had jazz and then prog rock dominate alot of mainstream in 30-70s/80s
None of which, I think, measure up to romantic period classical.

Ahh no... there has been alot of great quality music throughout the whole 1900's with the exception of the 1990's... which is when music in general went into a decline and is evidenced by the decrease in CD sale's and this is before IPODs and such came out...
You associate music quality with record sales? :lol:

i also prefer the band Dio over the band ozzy osbourne

That's really not saying much... In fact, that's about the equivalent of saying, "I prefer that green turd over there to this orange turd."

As far as Ozzy vs. Dio in Black Sabbath, I can't really deny that Dio's a better vocalist, but Sabbath was honestly writing shit music by the time Dio came around, so if you actually prefer the Dio-era music then I think you'd better run and give Paranoid a re-listen.

No I love girls more, I only date girls to be precise. So therefore if I love girls how can I be "gay". Oh yea ask before you say something that is a lie. You'll burn in hell if you keep it up.

I'm just giving you a hard time. you and I are polar opposites in terms of taste.

You associate music quality with record sales? :lol:
I'm not talking about metal and much less extreme metal.. I'm talking about all non metal music... record sales do give a indication of quality in certain music... if sales are down for a certain album of a band that normally sells very good then obviously the quality of that album is not good because the fans are not buying it... in the 1990's this seemed to be prevalent... that and the cost of CD's going up sky high as well...

I'm not talking about metal and much less extreme metal.. I'm talking about all non metal music... record sales do give a indication of quality in certain music... if sales are down for a certain album of a band that normally sells very good then obviously the quality of that album is not good because the fans are not buying it... in the 1990's this seemed to be prevalent... that and the cost of CD's going up sky high as well...

I can see what you're saying but I sort of disagree. To some extent quality will dictate that, but keep in mind promotion and publicity which play huge roles in mainstream music. Especially since downloading music has skewered that even more. I mean most fans of mainstream music I've talked to admittedly like the hit singles from bands and download one track, rather than buy albums. "Why would I want to buy an album if I only like one song?" and this kind of logic which isn't found much in metal.

True for the most part, I like most of the bands on your sig but still yea... I like a lot of different genres that isn't metal, do you? jw oh great grinder.

eh I like experimental jazz, hard indie rock, and some new-wave/goth stuff.

^ I was defending PTree. From "J"'s acinine comment on previous page. Contraversial opinions is the name of the thread. Id say Porcupine Tree belongs here.

Read my post better, you twat. It says that metal listeners would not care for PT if not for Akerfeldt's misguided manlove for that overrated "musician" Wilson.

I don't give a shit about underground prog retards.

Read my post better, you twat. It says that metal listeners would not care for PT if not for Akerfeldt's misguided manlove for that overrated "musician" Wilson.

I don't give a shit about underground prog retards.

haha

btw how do u post 20,000 posts?