contraversial musical opinions

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Burzum is terrible. Awhile back on this forum there was a thread of the top 5 moments in metal and in a few peoples "5" was the death of dimebag and thats when I pretty much left this forum, I know that 8 out of 10 people hear own a pantera album. I almost don't like talking about pantera because I live in North Carolina and anytime you see anyone with a pantera shirt on, they look inbred. Dio is supper gay to me, Rainbow in the Dark, Holy Diver, Hungry for Heaven, I'd rater listen to pop punk than Dio.
Probably cause they are inbred. I could walk 5 miles everyday in downtown Chicago and never see a Pantera shirt. Id rather live where Metal is more accepted to be honest. There's this famous bar named Champs in S burbs of Chicago and they got noise violations up the ass for playing metal INSIDE of the bar. Mayor says if it was something tolerable they would have dropped the charges. Thats fucking ludacris if you ask me.

In what way? Burzum is boring, poorly written, and badly played. If Varg hadn't killed anyone, no one would ever mention Burzum.

One doesn't need to know how to play an instrument perfectly to play black metal, if anything Varg's inadeptness is endearing and adds to the music. It is fantastically written however.

Clue in - just because Varg got attention for his actions doesn't mean that his music is any less great. Without his actions he would be held in the same regard as bands such as Emperor, Immortal, and Darkthrone.

One doesn't need to know how to play an instrument perfectly to play black metal, if anything Varg's inadeptness is endearing and adds to the music. It is fantastically written however.

Clue in - just because Varg got attention for his actions doesn't mean that his music is any less great. Without his actions he would be held in the same regard as bands such as Emperor, Immortal, and Darkthrone.

Burzum is not held in the same regard as those bands because the music is not as good. Faust and Samoth spent time in jail, but people talk about Emperors music more, because its just better music. I like the song "dunkleheidt"(sp) but It could have been done much better. There are some good Ideas in Burzum, but they could have been executed alot better

Burzum is held in higher regard than those bands in alot of cases. Emperor isn't better music, just more accessible.

Probably cause they are inbred. I could walk 5 miles everyday in downtown Chicago and never see a Pantera shirt. Id rather live where Metal is more accepted to be honest. There's this famous bar named Champs in S burbs of Chicago and they got noise violations up the ass for playing metal INSIDE of the bar. Mayor says if it was something tolerable they would have dropped the charges. Thats fucking ludacris if you ask me.

*ludicrous

I hold both bands in high regard, but Emperor is clearly better. It's much easier for me to listen to a whole Emperor album than a whole Burzum album, especially the synth tracks.

more contoversial opinions from moi:

power metal + harsh vocals DO NOT go together. suck my balls, Children Of Bodom!

underproduced black metal > overproduced black metal

Cynic are terrible

Chaos AD is NOT a bad album

The Beatles suck, get over it.

"irony metal" sucks. bands like Early Man and All Night need to go get fucked. either play the style cause you love it or don't play it at all.

1. Burzum sucks. It is overrated, vapid, go nowhere elevator music created by a guy who's career peaked at Mayhem and was overhyped when he killed Euronymous.
2. All grindcore sucks. It is boring, in your face shit.
3. Anything Garm has ever been involved in sucked.
5. People who don't like any Pantera (namely CFH) have ZERO taste in metal, probably don't even really like metal and are too caught up in trends of elitism
6. Most metal is shit. People listen to too many bands just for the sake of saying they have listened to them.
9. Meshuggah is shit, end of story.
10. Dio is overrated. If I wanted to see a dwarf fight a dragon, I'd go see a pantomime of Snow White.
15. People who listen to bands because they are more rare, unheard of, underground etc. are faggots.

1. Hardly. Burzum writes good, minimalistic black metal whose timelessness transcends anything that most other black metal bands have written.
2. You are technically correct, but grindcore's entire ethic focuses on unorthodox ways of express yourself musically. Thus, there's no point in saying that it does.
3. Wrong. Case in point? Arcturus. Case closed.
5. Not really; Pantera was never all that great (especially when taking Exhorder into consideration) and have always been terrible songwriters (except for that rare gem that gave people false impressions of their usefulness).
6. I'm inclined to agree, but I don't think this is the overall case; to say "most" people are guilty of this is an uninformed observation.
9. Yes.
10. Fuck you.
15. You hit the nail on the head.

more contoversial opinions from moi:

1. power metal + harsh vocals DO NOT go together. suck my balls, Children Of Bodom!

2. underproduced black metal > overproduced black metal

3. Cynic are terrible

4. Chaos AD is NOT a bad album

5. The Beatles suck, get over it.

1. I've never considered CoB anywhere near power metal and still don't. I don't see any resemblance besides the keyboards, which is pushing it.
2. Amen.
3. They are overrated a bit, I think, but they are decent, to say the least.
4. Not bad, but terribly bland and uninteresting.
5. Not as much as a lot of other 60s acid-induced bands.

I'm gonna post some opinions, maybe some may not qualify as controversial or totally independent from majority opinion, but whatever...

1. The following are examples of albums I think are better than their more popular follow-up albums: Hell Awaits > Reign in Blood (even though I like the latter's production much better), Under A Funeral Moon > Transilvanian Hunger , Galloping Through the Battle Ruins > Incorrigible Bigotry

2. Attila's vocal performance on DMDS was actually pretty good (title track being the best example of such)

3. Sigh's music (mostly referring to their later avant-garde stuff) is catchy, but it never is truly "amazing" or "groundbreaking" as the reviews generally describe it as

4. Hat's high screechy vocals on Pentagram do NOT sound like a "castrated Donald duck" like I've seen many say, not to mention that they're fucking well-done

5. I tend to agree with those who say Opeth's main weakness is meandering/direction-less songwriting, but it is ignorant to say all of their songs are like that (for example, "April Ethereal" from MAYH definitely has a coherent "narrative" build-up in its structure)

6. You have got to be fucking joking if you are one of the many many metalheads I've seen/heard who consider Nevermore's This Godless Endeavor as (one of) the "greatest metal album(s) in recent years"

7. Nokturnal Mortum's worst album is Nechrist

8. Black Metal did NOT die after 1996, or 2000 for that matter (though I agree that the best black metal releases are from the 90's)

9. It is no mystery that King Diamond does good vocals in the mid-ranges, but like someone said on the M-A boards, to me, they sound weak and annoying in the higher registers (like the way the majority of the vocals sound on the song "Nightmare" from DBTO)

10. Hellwitch ought to be talked about more

11. Devin Townsend should've taken a longer hiatus (preferably a permanent one)