contraversial musical opinions

Anyone who dislikes the first four Manowar albums is a fucking faggot and should die. Some of the most CLASSIC fucking Metal ever made, which is why Quorthon blatantly rips it off during his "Viking" (also known as MANOWAR) phase. Listen to at least Manowar's first three albums before discarding them. They, like 99% of artists, have declined in quality over time. Get over the image and listen to the music.

Anyone who dislikes the first four Manowar albums is a fucking faggot and should die. Some of the most CLASSIC fucking Metal ever made, which is why Quorthon blatantly rips it off during his "Viking" (also known as MANOWAR) phase. Listen to at least Manowar's first three albums before discarding them. They, like 99% of artists, have declined in quality over time. Get over the image and listen to the music.

Well spoken. :kickass:

Cold Steel..is better than Unchain The Wolves.

I love CS, every song feels like it ends at the right time, they don't go on too long like on their earlier albums. The production is great too. my only complaint is that i can only listen to it about once a week or my neck gets too sore

Hope this statement riles' someone up:
Judas Priests "Breaking The Law" is one of the worst fucking songs Ive ever heard. Weak chord progressions and the WORST repetitive chorus "breaking the law...breaking the law...breaking the lawwwwwww". One of those songs that literally angers me everytime its on.

I addressed them you just didn't like what I said.
The RIAA year-ends that do not show the significant decline in sales during the 1990s that you have claimed? I don't believe you did address that, actually.

This is a forum not a college term paper. If you did such things to prove a point in a forum you don't have much of a life. Afterall I'm sure you have better things to do then live on this forum.
I find it difficult to have a meaningful discussion with such low standards for evidence; arguing over stuff we could have easily made up doesn't seem to productive, does it?

Her albums are fading into obscurity over time now, so that is a pretty good indication. I think Darkside came out in 1973, so by 1975 it was already on Billboard's charts for 2 years & would continue what? another 20 years or so on the chart?. But like I said time will tell and 2 years is not nearly enough. 10,20 or more years is better.
So in 1975 are you saying that there was no way to tell if Dark Side Of The Moon was a quality album or not? Seems absurd to me. Seems akin to saying that quality isn't directly associated with the musical content.

Just making a observation. Calm down and don't get your feathers ruffled. But anyways you are right I don't care to participate on a topic for pages & pages anymore so I'll move on to other things but I'll stick around to this thread. Afterall you do not own this site/forum/thread to make me leave.You can leave though if you like. :p :Smug:
:confused: Make you leave? Just "making an observation" that you seem keen to end the discussion. And that someone who considers themselves to be so "mature" should avoid the ad hominem garbage that had infected your previous post.

oooh Necuratul I love you too.

I mean c'mon, you have to understand where I come from. Venom and Motorhead to me are much more important bands than Priest/Maiden/Manowar. I mean, the opposite is probably true for you, you just have to see the world from my angle.

Judas Priests "Breaking The Law" is one of the worst fucking songs Ive ever heard. Weak chord progressions and the WORST repetitive chorus "breaking the law...breaking the law...breaking the lawwwwwww". One of those songs that literally angers me everytime its on.

You'll get nothing but agreement from me on this...and that seems like it may be a rare thing between me and you.

The RIAA year-ends that do not show the significant decline in sales during the 1990s that you have claimed? I don't believe you did address that, actually.

I find it difficult to have a meaningful discussion with such low standards for evidence; arguing over stuff we could have easily made up doesn't seem to productive, does it?

So in 1975 are you saying that there was no way to tell if Dark Side Of The Moon was a quality album or not? Seems absurd to me. Seems akin to saying that quality isn't directly associated with the musical content.

:confused: Make you leave? Just "making an observation" that you seem keen to end the discussion. And that someone who considers themselves to be so "mature" should avoid the ad hominem garbage that had infected your previous post.

Get over this converstation/debate already lol I was done with this argument like 3 days ago i think... and you come back and start where we should of just let go.. and i get voted to get banned for prolonging this... ironic.... anyways i'll say it simple : WHATEVER... :lol:

Angers u that it makes you want to break the Law? :lol:

I totally agree. Most of Priest's older material bores me. The only album of theirs that does not annoy me is Painkiller. The rest are useless to me.

I feel similarly about Iron Maiden. I've always found them to be too single-oriented and consequently cannot hold my attention for an entire album. As I see it, about 50% of their overall material is great and the other 50% is useless filler (excluding all the Blaze Bayley albums).

I totally agree. Most of Priest's older material bores me. The only album of theirs that does not annoy me is Painkiller. The rest are useless to me.

I feel similarly about Iron Maiden. I've always found them to be too single-oriented and consequently cannot hold my attention for an entire album. As I see it, about 50% of their overall material is great and the other 50% is useless filler (excluding all the Blaze Bayley albums).

ever heard Judas Priest - Stained Class? How about Iron Maiden - self titled and Killers? Those are three amazing album. Painkiller...meh.

ack

Maiden's singles are usually selected from the worst cuts off the album

2 Minutes to Midnight
Number of the Beast
Stranger in a Strange Land
Can I Play With Madness
The Evil That Men Do
The Angel and the Gambler

1. Burzum sucks. It is overrated, vapid, go nowhere elevator music created by a guy who's career peaked at Mayhem and was overhyped when he killed Euronymous.
5. People who don't like any Pantera (namely CFH) have ZERO taste in metal, probably don't even really like metal and are too caught up in trends of elitism
6. Most metal is shit. People listen to too many bands just for the sake of saying they have listened to them.
10. Dio is overrated. If I wanted to see a dwarf fight a dragon, I'd go see a pantomime of Snow White.
15. People who listen to bands because they are more rare, unheard of, underground etc. are faggots.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Burzum is terrible. Awhile back on this forum there was a thread of the top 5 moments in metal and in a few peoples "5" was the death of dimebag and thats when I pretty much left this forum, I know that 8 out of 10 people hear own a pantera album. I almost don't like talking about pantera because I live in North Carolina and anytime you see anyone with a pantera shirt on, they look inbred. Dio is supper gay to me, Rainbow in the Dark, Holy Diver, Hungry for Heaven, I'd rater listen to pop punk than Dio.