contraversial musical opinions

Unfaithfully Metalhead, you're associating quality with popularity. We're working with different definitions of quality, clearly, so this entire conversation is useless until you understand the quality that everyone else but you is talking about.

Quality is irrespective of mass appeal. Quality can be judged by a single person in a quiet chamber by himself with no access to the outside world. The quality of a work is within the piece of music itself, inherent in itself, and not externally. You are associating quality with a mass appeal mentality. Your definition of quality requires the preface "[to the general public]" if you mean to say that "this album is quality" because the criteria that you're using to determine this quality requires a substantial number of people and an extended period of time. Basically, until you understand that this is not the quality that everyone else is talking about, you shouldn't waste all of our time by responding further, because the arguments that you're presenting are inherently contradictory to the definition of 'quality' in this case by appealing to mass acceptance, record sales, and sale consistency through a duration of time.

Fine Doden... let's just agree we both have different definitions of quality & leave it at that. In your world only qualified people can judge it & not the average listener therefor #'s don't mean anything. In my world longetivity is a indicator of such so therefor the term: time will only tell in the end because bad quality will just fade away. No need to go further. That is the gist of what each of us believe.

Btw whose on Shadow Kingdom Records to start off a better convo?

Fine Doden... let's just agree we both have different definitions of quality & leave it at that. In your world only qualified people can judge it & not the average listener therefor #'s don't mean anything. In my world longetivity is a indicator of such so therefor the term: time will only tell in the end because bad quality will just fade away. No need to go further. That is the gist of what each of us believe.

Btw whose on Shadow Kingdom Records to start off a better convo?

1) My point is that your definition of quality is worthless to an individual, because it relies on other people deciding for them.

2)

Death Militia
Redrum
Stygian Shore
Energy Vampires
Solomon Kane
Blood Ceremony

1) My point is that your definition of quality is worthless to an individual, because it relies on other people deciding for them.

2)

Death Militia
Redrum
Stygian Shore
Energy Vampires
Solomon Kane
Blood Ceremony

1. Fine,but the individual ultimately makes the final decision if it's quality worthy to them but whatever.

2. What's the descriptions of those bands. Genre i mean.

The first two plus Soloman Kane interest me of your list... you know I was listening to The Exploited & they sounded more like thrash then punk to me...

The only decent thrash "comeback" album was Monotheist, and it was excellent. The rest were either retro cash-ins or trend-jumping crap.
I consider Exodus's Tempo of the Damned as well as Death Angel's Art of Dying good thrash comebacks as well as Celtic Frost's.

I'll agree with half of that statement.
so do I. ;)

Don't make claims without evidence to back them up. If you do, expect to get called on it.
finding that article is like finding a needle in a haystack but oh well. I wasn't the only board member who read such articles as another one posted he did as well.If you don't understand that oh well. :rolleyes:

Don't make claims without evidence to back them up. If you do, expect to get called on it.
We'll you could give me the thread name but you choose not to so oh well.

You present no evidence. Why do you expect me to take your word for things? I go through the trouble of posting links, numbers, etc., that clearly contradict what you are saying - you hardly address them.
I addressed them you just didn't like what I said.

OK, fair in that case, I guess. Why you even bring up this childish "he started it" bullshit is beyond me.
you asked me to prove it <shrugs> oh well.

If I did extensive studies, viewed video footage, interviewed a large number of attendees, etc. then the *evidence* would trump a single person's testimony, yes. Should I trust your memory over facts from reliable sources?
This is a forum not a college term paper. If you did such things to prove a point in a forum you don't have much of a life. Afterall I'm sure you have better things to do then live on this forum.

How do you know she won't have lasting appeal or longevity? Her music has stood the test of time thus far, hasn't it? How long do you have to wait until you know an album is high quality? By your logic in 1975 there would be no way to tell if Dark Side Of The Moon was a quality album or not.
Her albums are fading into obscurity over time now, so that is a pretty good indication. I think Darkside came out in 1973, so by 1975 it was already on Billboard's charts for 2 years & would continue what? another 20 years or so on the chart?. But like I said time will tell and 2 years is not nearly enough. 10,20 or more years is better.

Please drop the ad hominem crap and focus on the discussion at hand. If you don't want to participate, leave. :)
Just making a observation. Calm down and don't get your feathers ruffled. But anyways you are right I don't care to participate on a topic for pages & pages anymore so I'll move on to other things but I'll stick around to this thread. Afterall you do not own this site/forum/thread to make me leave.You can leave though if you like. :p :Smug:

:lol: ... we'll I don't like grindcore neither .. but to each his/her own...

I like old grind, but it's just like death metal in a sense that bands past the 80's and early 90's do not sound like the style anymore. It's really funny what people consider grind now.

I like old grind, but it's just like death metal in a sense that bands past the 80's and early 90's do not sound like the style anymore. It's really funny what people consider grind now.

True... when I was going to underground shows in the mid to late 80's... Napalm Death was considered Death Metal... the term Grind wasn't even in existence then...

They're considered a crust punk band though, but it sounds similar to metal, which is probably why I like it so much.

I'm considering getting a album by them... perhaps a greatest hits if there is one... a most recent one that spans their career and the different styles they've done or just one of their "thrash" metal like albums...

I'm considering getting a album by them... perhaps a greatest hits if there is one... a most recent one that spans their career and the different styles they've done or just one of their "thrash" metal like albums...

Yeah, they were a crossover thrash band at one point.

The only one of theirs that I have is Death Before Dishonour and is just a bunch of their EPs thrown together on one CD. This is more crossover thrash than punk, but it's a sweet album:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Before_Dishonour

me too. most of what grind I listen to is usually old school stuff. although Assuck, Agathocles, Cripple Bastards and Nasum will always have a special place in my heart.

disagree on most of you points.

1) Ozzy material is better
2) I disagree - Bathory was
3) disagree again - Corpsegrinder is a better vocalist
4) not sure what you mean by that
5) I think they're equal

this is the reason of this thread... discordance

me too. most of what grind I listen to is usually old school stuff. although Assuck, Agathocles, Cripple Bastards and Nasum will always have a special place in my heart.

but The album from Assück called ''Anticapital'' and the album from Cripple Bastards called ''Desperately Insensitive'' look like death metal, especially the drums...

Cathedral are the only metal band you ever need to hear.

No other band has done a song so perfect as 'The Gods Made Heavy Metal' by ManOWar.

On topic again. I rock.