contraversial musical opinions

I think The Blessed Hellride is the best BLS album.

Also, what's with all the Isis hate? In The Absence of Truth is a great album.
Blessed Hellride is good but Mafia has better replay value.

For all the BLS haters you should give them another chance with the secret track off of Mafia #15...sounds like a Lynyrd Skynyrd type ballad w/ tons of emotion. No pinch harmonics, I promise.
OR "Spoke in the Wheel" also reminds me of an Allman/Skynyrd type song. I think if Zakk should go full blown Southern Metal.

Blessed Hellride is good but Mafia has better replay value.

For all the BLS haters you should give them another chance with the secret track off of Mafia #15...sounds like a Lynyrd Skynyrd type ballad w/ tons of emotion. No pinch harmonics, I promise.
OR "Spoke in the Wheel" also reminds me of an Allman/Skynyrd type song. I think if Zakk should go full blown Southern Metal.
Honestly, the bonus track on that album is probably the only great track. BLS is not a bad band or anything,the last three albums are decent, they just haven't put anything out that wowed me yet. BLS isn't with Roadrunner anymore though, right?

Honestly, the bonus track on that album is probably the only great track. BLS is not a bad band or anything,the last three albums are decent, they just haven't put anything out that wowed me yet. BLS isn't with Roadrunner anymore though, right?
Nothing has blown me away...but they're good for what they are. Zakk's vocals turn most people off but you get used to it after awhile. He sounds like Ozzy and is a badass guitarist.

And yes, I heard the same thing about Rrunner.

...now Im waiting for Mort Divine's one-sided BLS bashing to begin.

another contraversial opinion:

most heavy metal that DOES NOT have either, a) a direct connection to, or b) was heavily influenced by, punk rock, is completely worthless.

Controversial huh?

1. I'd like to see a few homosexual metal bands. Seriously. The music wouldn't have to be totally brutal, but maybe they're all gay, or they sing about gay stuff. It seems that when talking about metal, anything or anyone lesser is automatically labeled "gay". And here I thought I got out of that horrible mindfuck of a vocabulary when I got out of HS. :lol: Anyways, a gay band would be incredibly entertaining... and maybe a little ironic, if they happened to be power metal? The congestion of homophobia in most metal communities is about as bad as a typical LA commute.

2. I hate the NWOBM thats sweeping through the US. Not the bands, but this pseudo-elitism that the europeans were "enjoying" long before us. Theres getting to be so many elitists, its bound to get a little crowded... hard to carry on a conversation with them.

3. Its too bad that Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica, and Antrhax are labeled as the big four of Thrash. They're still revered today, but I think its time people moved on and passed the torch. There were a lot of bands during the 80s that were better, or got better. I respect all 4 of the above, but even Slayer's last release (which I loved) was a big rehash. Most people are caught in one big, fucking loop. Especially the assholes who think knowing 20 or so Metallica songs on their guitar makes them some sort of thrash-playing demi-god. Just about all of them have lost their past luster. Its time people paid a bit more respect to other thrash legends out there that bust their ass at bars and are lucky to get a music video or mention on anything associated with metal on your TV. (Not saying much, I know)

I don't like Metallica at all. Or Anthrax. Or Megadeth, Slayer, or Pantera. I think they're the most overrated shit bands on the planet.

Controversial huh?

1. I'd like to see a few homosexual metal bands. Seriously. The music wouldn't have to be totally brutal, but maybe they're all gay, or they sing about gay stuff. It seems that when talking about metal, anything or anyone lesser is automatically labeled "gay". And here I thought I got out of that horrible mindfuck of a vocabulary when I got out of HS. :lol: Anyways, a gay band would be incredibly entertaining... and maybe a little ironic, if they happened to be power metal? The congestion of homophobia in most metal communities is about as bad as a typical LA commute.

2. I hate the NWOBM thats sweeping through the US. Not the bands, but this pseudo-elitism that the europeans were "enjoying" long before us. Theres getting to be so many elitists, its bound to get a little crowded... hard to carry on a conversation with them.

3. Its too bad that Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica, and Antrhax are labeled as the big four of Thrash. They're still revered today, but I think its time people moved on and passed the torch. There were a lot of bands during the 80s that were better, or got better. I respect all 4 of the above, but even Slayer's last release (which I loved) was a big rehash. Most people are caught in one big, fucking loop. Especially the assholes who think knowing 20 or so Metallica songs on their guitar makes them some sort of thrash-playing demi-god. Just about all of them have lost their past luster. Its time people paid a bit more respect to other thrash legends out there that bust their ass at bars and are lucky to get a music video or mention on anything associated with metal on your TV. (Not saying much, I know)

hahaha. Homo metal.

Going back on topic:

The only reason black metal fans praise Alcest to no end is because of Neige and its connection to the French black metal scene. Alcest really isn't black metal at all, and have basically withdrawn any influence formerly present. I guarantee you, if Neige was not in this band, Alcest wouldn't be worshipped religiously by black metal fans and no black metal fan would even care for them. Truth.

Bullshit. Le Secret is a fantastic BM album, and no matter what genre it is the new album (which is shoegaze with some degree of BM influence) is fucking fantastic. Sure, BM fans wouldn't KNOW of Alcest as much but still ... the music is fucking great.

Bullshit. Le Secret is a fantastic BM album, and no matter what genre it is the new album (which is shoegaze with some degree of BM influence) is fucking fantastic. Sure, BM fans wouldn't KNOW of Alcest as much but still ... the music is fucking great.

Yeah but face it..the black metal influence is has basically been removed and if it wasn't for Neige, you wouldn't have all these fanboys latching onto the new album. Don't get me wrong, I like Alcest but just look at metal-archives, 4 reviews and 100% average rating. In anycase Le Secret EP is better than the new one imo.

The BM influence is still quite obviously there, shoegaze does NOT have guitar work that "heavy" and neither does it EVER contain blastbeats, typically.

Is that really a good way of showcasing something anti-gay? I mean it clearly says "I hate" but yet the image features two naked homosexual men or at least in such a pose that would suggest. Would you guys wear that on a shirt? I find it kind of ironic actually...

No, becuase it shows the act in the sick manner it is. I would never wear a shirt like that though.