contraversial musical opinions

The BM influence is still quite obviously there, shoegaze does NOT have guitar work that "heavy" and neither does it EVER contain blastbeats, typically.

Yes, but those are very minuscule and quite basic traits, especially in comparison to Alcest's earlier material. The black metal element is very much gone yet for many this is the 'black metal album of the year.'

No, becuase it shows the act in the sick manner it is. I would never wear a shirt like that though.

Possessing images of naked men regardless of the intent is somewhat ironic isn't it? A person could have posters of that anti-gay theme featuring naked men plastered onto their walls...and most likely I'd think they're a 'queer' themself for having them in the first place. There's nothing wrong with being gay anyways.

Controversial huh?

1. I'd like to see a few homosexual metal bands. Seriously. The music wouldn't have to be totally brutal, but maybe they're all gay, or they sing about gay stuff. It seems that when talking about metal, anything or anyone lesser is automatically labeled "gay". And here I thought I got out of that horrible mindfuck of a vocabulary when I got out of HS. :lol: Anyways, a gay band would be incredibly entertaining... and maybe a little ironic, if they happened to be power metal? The congestion of homophobia in most metal communities is about as bad as a typical LA commute.

http://www.myspace.com/gronibard

I started this same thread on the Megadeth boards and half of the posts were 'Death metal sucks' or some derivative of that like "ANY GROWLING IS FUCKING TERRIBLE" or "DEATH METAL TAKES NO TALENT".

I have been laughing at that thread all day.

Is being anti-gay something that offends you but you dont get made at the guy with the sig?

Homophobia is something completely useless in this day and age - and it is stupid to even care about if a person is gay because:

1. It doesn't affect you
2. It doesn't fucking affect you
3. It doesn't fucking remotely affect you

I don't get mad at Dodens for his signature because he isn't going around saying "Oh yes I totally support that anti-gay thing in the signature. Shows it as the disgusting thing it is." He is promoting a record label/distributor.

Uh...my signature has nothing to do with homosexuality in any way. The I Hate Records logo is a man choking another man to death.