contraversial musical opinions

+10 ... ironic.. i was just listening to the album when I saw your post... :kickass: My favorite song on it is My Death... Maniacs vocals are so much better then Attila's... If Attila was not the vocalist on DMDS I probably wouldn't have been so turned off about that album...

i cant quite agree with that, i love atilla.just the songs were all so good on chimera.maniac is kind of shitty though.

yeah atilla is the best vocalist of the band, and some new stuff like anti from ordo ab Chao is fucking brutal

In your opinion of course. You know the old saying im sure. Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.

You don't have to overtly state that something is an opinion. It should be obvious enough.

He didn't know what he was doing and he just improvised /quote]

This, however, is not an opinion, but a fabricated 'fact' that you just conjured up. Upon what information are you basing the 'fact' that Attila 'didn't know what he was doing' and, in fact 'improvised' his performance? That's right, none at all.

I thoroughly enjoy Dead, but Maniac always struck me as kind of overrated. His performance on Deathcrush was grand, but most everything he did after he rejoined isn't that good.

We should dig up Dead and beat the fuck out of him for not recording DMDS first before he blew his brains out lol Anyways you didn't like Maniacs performance on Chimera?. I liked his performance there very much. Also saw some clips of Mayhem at Wacken with Maniac on Youtube doing songs from DMDS and he was great. Anyways I might consider getting Mayhem's new one if i listen to it first from a friend if he has it. Have to ask him. Not spending $$ on that one.

I don't think Maniac is overrated, I think that most people dislike his vocals...at least those that I know. Though his new project, Skitliv, is very promising, and his vocals are much more fitting there than in Mayhem.

We should dig up Dead and beat the fuck out of him for not recording DMDS first before he blew his brains out lol Anyways you didn't like Maniacs performance on Chimera?. I liked his performance there very much. Also saw some clips of Mayhem at Wacken with Maniac on Youtube doing songs from DMDS and he was great. Anyways I might consider getting Mayhem's new one if i listen to it first from a friend if he has it. Have to ask him. Not spending $$ on that one.

Dead would've been superb on DMDS. He sounded flawless live, God knows how much better it would've been on the studio tracks. :worship:

Maniac is alright, but it's mostly a problem of his voice not being suited to their music. GDoW and Chimera are musically mediocre and do not fit well with Maniac at all; his voice is more suited to the catchier riffs from early Mayhem.

discussions about vocals are so fucking retarded, everybody has a different opinion about it because there is no way to objectively judge vocals at all, so it becomes an argument of X is better because I like X better, no Z better is because I like z better.

You don't have to overtly state that something is an opinion. It should be obvious enough.

He didn't know what he was doing and he just improvised /quote]

This, however, is not an opinion, but a fabricated 'fact' that you just conjured up. Upon what information are you basing the 'fact' that Attila 'didn't know what he was doing' and, in fact 'improvised' his performance? That's right, none at all.

In some interview long time ago from one of the members don't recall which one said it. As for opinions , well just wanted to remind you since you seem to think you are always right, we have to agree with you and/or think like you. But anyways before saying "none at all" you should really let that person respond first. As for Attila my OPINION is he still sucks so even though you do not have to agree with it, which i know you don't, just accept that is what i think of him & that yours is opposite. Nothing more or less. If you enjoy his performance then more power to you but I don't. So I don't know why you worry about what I think & just worry about yourself not others.

I don't think Maniac is overrated, I think that most people dislike his vocals...at least those that I know. Though his new project, Skitliv, is very promising, and his vocals are much more fitting there than in Mayhem.

I've heard about that project. I want to check it out if I can even find it in my area. Can't even find freaking Burzum in NYC of all places. What does the new project sound like?

discussions about vocals are so fucking retarded, everybody has a different opinion about it because there is no way to objectively judge vocals at all, so it becomes an argument of X is better because I like X better, no Z better is because I like z better.

It's not just vocals, music in general is like that.

BTW, are you back over at the other place?

According to this interview...

http://www.tartareandesire.com/interviews/mayhem.html

...Attila claims that he performed with the band the same night he met them, so it's entirely possible he improvised for that performance and recorded what he did that night later on the album. His claims may not be entirely unfounded.

Dead would've been superb on DMDS. He sounded flawless live, God knows how much better it would've been on the studio tracks. :worship:

Maniac is alright, but it's mostly a problem of his voice not being suited to their music. GDoW and Chimera are musically mediocre and do not fit well with Maniac at all; his voice is more suited to the catchier riffs from early Mayhem.

Satan you mean. not God :lol: jk . I saw a clip of them practicing when Dead was still alive. Ever seen it? It's not long. i think like 6 minutes.

As for Maniac, I suppose it's a acquired taste which is how i describe Attilas vocals. A acquired taste for both. I didn't like GDOW but liked Chimera alot.

In some interview long time ago from one of the members don't recall which one said it. As for opinions , well just wanted to remind you since you seem to think you are always right, we have to agree with you and/or think like you. But anyways before saying "none at all" you should really let that person respond first. As for Attila my OPINION is he still sucks so even though you do not have to agree with it, which i know you don't, just accept that is what i think of him & that yours is opposite. Nothing more or less. If you enjoy his performance then more power to you but I don't. So I don't know why you worry about what I think & just worry about yourself not others.

I don't know what gave you the impression that I was disputing your opinion. I don't care that you don't like Attila. I already knew that you didn't. But that doesn't mean that I can't respond to you and give you my own opinion. I don't know why you continually insist to suggest that I mean to pass off my opinion as fact merely because I don't insert "IMO" tags after every sentence that I post. My wording may come off as strong, and that may seem that I am attempting to give undue authority to my opinions, but that is merely the way that I communicate. I'm not going to change that.

As far as improvisation goes, I don't see where you have gotten this from, since the songs had lyrics for years prior to their being recorded, and little if anything was changed, so there really isn't anything to have been improvised. Attila had more than enough time to become familiar with the material. The album itself does not show any traces of an improvised performance.

Skitliv has a myspace, but I can't recall the address at the moment. I don't think that they have released any material. I vaguely recall mention of guest vocalist appearances, among them being Attila.

According to this interview...

http://www.tartareandesire.com/interviews/mayhem.html

...Attila claims that he performed with the band the same night he met them, so it's entirely possible he improvised for that performance and recorded what he did that night later on the album. His claims may not be entirely unfounded.

If you read it more clearly, he says that this was in 1998, and the first time that he'd met the new line-up of Mayhem. I'm pretty sure that Attila was familiar with the band before he'd ever been asked to join, because Euronymous was a big fan of Tormentor (Attila's first band), and they exchanged letters.

We'll I don't mean he improvise the lyrics per say but how he sung the vocals in a unorthodox way. Like you said his vocals were original but to me that is so because it was like a rush job and if they took their time more during the recording his vocals perhaps would of came out differently. More disciplined I suppose.

As for your opinions and such. You come off as if no one else's opinions matters and we must adhere to yours which of course you know I don't though others do. That's not going to change on my part though there are some opinions that you give that I do agree with but rarely.

As for Maniac's project, I guess I'll wait for it to come out if it gets good distribution and comes to NY stores.I wonder who plays the instruments.