ControlState is looking for someone to mix cd

I've just uploaded the files to a rapidshare account:

http://rapidshare.com/files/177919144/ControlState_Ultimate_Metal.rar.html

To make it easy for those who have no protools it are just the wave and the midi files.

The wave files are: 24 bit ; 48 kHz

For the synchronisation their's a signal of 1 kHz at the beginning of each track. The midi track starts with a note C1.

Drums are basic, their are no toms.

If you have any kind of problems with the files, please tell me!

Thanks in advance!

The drums are fine but the tempo is not 120. The tempo is on the midi file if you can just import the tempo map. I did it in Pro Tools and it's fine with me. There a quite a bit of tempo changes and parts where it slows down.

Yea i figured it out

The tempo is 125 just lign it up at one spot and your all
no need to export the tempo for me

hope this helps somewhat :headbang:

More tracks would help gt a fuller sound a little, cut and paste dont really help to well

I got an idea???

Pretty confused by this.. lots of tracks that dont seem to have anything in them (just listened in iTunes, so they may just have short segments?), the drums go for twice as long as the guitars and half the time theres no cymbal being hit (has a hihat track been left out?). I did a roughish mix, using the Revalver demo.. I'll see if it passes 'the-day-after' test before I post it up.

The tempo is indeed 125 bpm. Sorry, I'm just the vocalist :loco:.

Don't really know what could be wrong with the files. We did copy and paste, maybe next time we make the crossfades.

The guitars are with DI but there are two different guitars, that explains the difference in sound.

I'm working on this one, but it requires lots of work (vocal tuning, time fixing, guitar reamping, drum sampling, etc.). I think I'll have something by Friday.

this is very interesting...can't wait to hear all the mixes, picked up the files myself just to tinkle around for a personal learning experience

Here's my rough mix.. I'll update it later. I think I missed a hihat track (there was one midi track called '21' or '22', which may have been the hihat track). And some things still seem iffy, and I only brought in a few of the tracks so I hope this is right o.0. Havent bothered with editing or anything, so there's still strange bits (like the guitars at the start being picked up).

First attempt at using Revalver (demo, so there's dropouts), for both bass and guitar. Didn't have my POD and don't own an amp.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/324723/Control State2 1.mp3

Ok, That was fun. Just a FYI some of the guitars were out of tune a bit. Also there was some low frequency rumbling on some of the vox tracks sounds like a air conditioner. I find it interesting there were no toms in this however the MIDI shows you had tracks for them.. hmmmm.
Anyway, Enjoy...
www.ccauthen.com/www_ccauthen_com.mp3