Controversial opinions on metal

I was going to disagree with Mort based on the intro, but come on, how are those verses in any way metal? Fucking Winger and White Lion used actual guitar riffs.

This is the part where NN comes in and says something about lyrics.....
He's lying in wait right now....getting ready for his chance to strike....

Just listened to Requiem For The Light.

That is NOT metal.

Well, firstly you were the one that was perpetually posting pop-rock and rap on some of the other threads in here, so I think we can safely rule you out at as a decent judge of what constitutes metal or not :lol: Furthermore, copy and paste is a good thing:

Yeah, I agree, I have been listening to almost nothing but Keldian for the last two days, the whole otherworldly feel that iscreated by their songs is quite amazing really, a thing of sheer beauty (something that the ignorant troll above knows nothing about, I'm sure) I'd also agree that it's best to ignore such ignoramuses who choose to mindlessly troll like this because it's easy for any logical person to see how the superb combination of keyboards, choirs, guitars, and elements from classic music in bands such as Keldian or Fairyland is far more complex, interesting, varied, beautiful and just downright better than "hard" metal could ever be. Some bigots are just too small-minded to take the buzzsaw out of their ears for even a moment.

Keldian is universally classified as a metal band of sorts, and some small-minded bigoted elitist with their mind in a cage, a carrot inserted in their anus and a high-horse galloping beneath them raging feebly against the band is just utterly silly and pathetic. An interesting definition I saw of Keldian is "space metal" which I think is somewhat appropriate given their sci-fi-based themes and the ethereal, other-worldly feel of their music. Some of it is truly so moving and beautiful that (like someone else said in the Power Metal thread) it is almost a tangible form of enjoyment, and listening to some of their songs is almost like entering an altered state of mind like being high or drunk. Obviously not all their music is that good, but quite a lot is, but I wouldn't expect anyone with a permanent chainsaw stuck in their ears to understand anyway. :devil:

So I just listened to Deicide for the first time. I really don't know if I like it or not yet. It definitely has that "balls out" feel and the solos are pretty great. The technical riffs were very cool at times and repetitive at others. The vocal performance was evil at times and borderline annoying at others. So yea, not sure where I stand with it.

Meshuggah 'none and destroy erase improve are excellent. Other stuff have heard from the band was really terrible repetitive boring and annoying, this stuff is actually musically way beyond anything after. I like heavy music, but I also like atmosphere lead and clean guitars, this is the most heavy intense/calm relaxing music have heard and it just reminds me of mine and others lives. It's like balence between being completely fucked up in the head crazy insane on the very edge and also sane, the contract and mood changes are very drastic and not forced at all. Everything I've felt or expierenced in life musically in 45 minutes like say Lacuna Coil or Cynic. Not that am really comparing these bands, but all three are pretty similiar to me.
I do agree also about the quality of Meshuggah's Destroy Erase Improve in comparision to the rest of their material.

Well, firstly you were the one that was perpetually posting pop-rock and rap on some of the other threads in here, so I think we can safely rule you out at as a decent judge of what constitutes metal or not :lol: Furthermore, copy and paste is a good thing:

Yeah, I agree, I have been listening to almost nothing but Keldian for the last two days, the whole otherworldly feel that iscreated by their songs is quite amazing really, a thing of sheer beauty (something that the ignorant troll above knows nothing about, I'm sure) I'd also agree that it's best to ignore such ignoramuses who choose to mindlessly troll like this because it's easy for any logical person to see how the superb combination of keyboards, choirs, guitars, and elements from classic music in bands such as Keldian or Fairyland is far more complex, interesting, varied, beautiful and just downright better than "hard" metal could ever be. Some bigots are just too small-minded to take the buzzsaw out of their ears for even a moment.

Keldian is universally classified as a metal band of sorts, and some small-minded bigoted elitist with their mind in a cage, a carrot inserted in their anus and a high-horse galloping beneath them raging feebly against the band is just utterly silly and pathetic. An interesting definition I saw of Keldian is "space metal" which I think is somewhat appropriate given their sci-fi-based themes and the ethereal, other-worldly feel of their music. Some of it is truly so moving and beautiful that (like someone else said in the Power Metal thread) it is almost a tangible form of enjoyment, and listening to some of their songs is almost like entering an altered state of mind like being high or drunk. Obviously not all their music is that good, but quite a lot is, but I wouldn't expect anyone with a permanent chainsaw stuck in their ears to understand anyway. :devil:

I uh ... I ....

The funny thing is despite the fact that yes I enjoy rap music, and yes I enjoy pop music is that I am relatively strict in my metal tastes. Power metal specifically.

When a band starts to draw more influence from Stratovarius than they do Manilla Road or Jag Panzer I'm not even going to bother with them, but most of the time I honestly won't bother to doubt their metalness.

But honestly, that song was NOT metal. That band is NOT metal, and whoever the faggot was that made that post needs to die.

And don't bother trying to convince me otherwise on the metal status of this band, coz I will

And that is what REAL power metal sounds like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have had no idea without hearing that specific cd. I put the band off for awile because the stuff I heard sounded like our US nu-metal just from Europe.

Agent Steel are from the US, and I think it is safe to say you can ignore everything they've done after Unstoppable Force. Omega Conspiracy isn't too bad really though...but Alienigma is just awful

I'm honestly getting tired of coming here and seeing that shithead NN call people elitists for having differing views on music. -_-

I'm honestly getting tired of coming here and seeing that shithead NN call people elitists for having differing views on music. -_-

When some pathetic soul decides to have a nappy rash and say that a band that is universally defined as metal is not actually metal, it is simply a case of small-minded arrogance, elitism, and ignorance. It's a simple yet logical equation, take a moment to think it over. ;)

You listen to like 4,5 crappy bands knowing nothing about shit and are small minded arrogant and ignorant. And your posts and everything about your persona is annoying.