Controversial opinions on metal

Deicide is actually quite technical riff-wise music on Legion. They really came together on that album with technicality, creativity, and congruency. And in the process, they produced a classic death metal album.

Legion is the high point of Deicide, their S/T is decent though, and so is Stench of Redemption, everything else is mediocre to sub-par though.

Meshuggah 'none and destroy erase improve are excellent. Other stuff have heard from the band was really terrible repetitive boring and annoying, this stuff is actually musically way beyond anything after. I like heavy music, but I also like atmosphere lead and clean guitars, this is the most heavy intense/calm relaxing music have heard and it just reminds me of mine and others lives. It's like balence between being completely fucked up in the head crazy insane on the very edge and also sane, the contract and mood changes are very drastic and not forced at all. Everything I've felt or expierenced in life musically in 45 minutes like say Lacuna Coil or Cynic. Not that am really comparing these bands, but all three are pretty similiar to me.

Legion is the high point of Deicide, their S/T is decent though, and so is Stench of Redemption, everything else is mediocre to sub-par though.

The self-titled wins. Legion is ok but the production is rubbish, and Satan Spawn, The Caco-Daemon is basically comedy.

I hear Once Upon The Cross for the first time the other night, it was actually not bad.

Also, everyone must be happy. Karmablade won't be posting in here for a while. his precious Brock Lesnar got smashed in a fight.

2jcedcp.jpg

the lead singer does a better job on Astral Doors. I haven't heard that album, but far from the maddening crowd is pretty meh.

Far From The Maddening Crowd is a good album man, among cheesy Euro-power it's among the better albums of the 00s. Love this song:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcAk0oyU8Pk&feature=related[/ame]

Far From The Maddening Crowd is a good album man, among cheesy Euro-power it's among the better albums of the 00s. Love this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcAk0oyU8Pk&feature=related

This is a perfect example of bad cheese, euro or not.
The talent is there and the vocalist is awesome, but the song writing is lacking and doesn't have the same hooks (especially for the vocals) that Astral Doors has. Far from the maddening crword is just a lot of pointless wankery. Since you listen to this band, if you've never heard of Astral Doors then slap yourself.