Controversial opinions on metal

NocturnalNemesis:

>posting are you dead yet songs to defend newer bodom

38439_10150212475105034_638775033_13473116_8332135_n.jpg

:lol: classic

NocturnalNemesis:

>posting are you dead yet songs to defend newer bodom

38439_10150212475105034_638775033_13473116_8332135_n.jpg

Of course he would, he believes that Metalcore is more brutal and intense then Death Metal, and that As I Lay Dying are better then the death metal classics us "elitists" decree amazing.

Anyone who doesn't think the first two Deicide albums perfectly embody the essence of over the top, balls out fucking evil upon which good death metal thrives is encouraged by me to go fuck themselves.

Good death metal thrives on good music, not a poorly done gimmick. That anyone takes Glen Benton seriously as a source of "balls out fucking evil" is hilarious. Their S/T is especially terrible, probably their worst album. At least their stupid groovy shit has some merit as background metal in its chunky simplicity.

There's an astronomical difference between a ham-fisted gimmick and precise fixation on a single notion or concept. At the heart of death metal's essence is this senseless, atavistic drive to go out and beat the shit out of some silly Christians imo. I'm fully aware that Glen Benton has probably never had a single thought cross his mind, but that doesn't mean that there isn't something special in absurdly relentless and (strangely) intricate songs like "Revocate the Agitator" that he instinctively harnessed.

Edit: I don't know why I only mention Benton. The Hoffman brothers add an entire dimension of fucked-upedness to the first two albums.

At the heart of death metal's essence is this senseless, atavistic drive to go out and beat the shit out of some silly Christians imo.

Yeeeehhhh, no. That sounds more like black metal, except that they're cowardly pale fucks that would linger around a church's parking lot like goths and then commit arson.

There was some serious ideological overlapping that occurred between black metal and death metal pre-Norwegian BM for sure, and Deicide is one of the most obvious examples.

That the musicians wouldn't actually go through with the various things that are described in their music is an irrelevant point that gives rise to a long discussion about the relationship between an artist and their work of art that I don't feel like getting into.

Glen Benton's anti-Christian/Satanic/whatever-else antics probably outweigh every other late 80's/early 90's death metal band combined. Too many of the major bands dropped that "ideology" early on in their careers (if ever holding it at all) for it to be compared to that of black metal.

I don't know why you care what the hell Glen Benton thinks, says, or does. That doesn't mean shit. What matters is the music, and if you can't appreciate Legion then you should just go back to listening to Chaos A.D. and thinking it's something good.

Of course he would, he believes that Metalcore is more brutal and intense then Death Metal, and that As I Lay Dying are better then the death metal classics us "elitists" decree amazing.

Are you illiterate, son? I never said that Metalcore is more brutal and intense than death metal, go back and read that post again before you make an even bigger idiot out of yourself. :err:

Deicide is terrible and gimmicky. If Benton would have killed himself at 33 like he said he would, I'd at least have some respect for him, and it certainly would have upped the cult factor (see Mayhem), no matter how boring his music is.

Are you illiterate, son? I never said that Metalcore is more brutal and intense than death metal, go back and read that post again before you make an even bigger idiot out of yourself. :err:

And I quote, "Carrot still firmly up the ass, I see? Both As I Lay Dying and Killswitch Engage are better than any of the Death Metal I have heard, and I don't give two spits whether elitist haters flame me for saying so either."

You did say these metalcore bands were better then any death metal that you've heard, and they aren't even good metalcore bands. Your stupidity blurs the line between troll and just plain stupid.

I've listened to a lot of the Death Metal posted on here actually, and it's not bad by any means, but I still prefer the style of a band like As I Lay Dying or Killswitch Engage more.

lol....