Controversial opinions on metal

Deicide is terrible and gimmicky. If Benton would have killed himself at 33 like he said he would, I'd at least have some respect for him, and it certainly would have upped the cult factor (see Mayhem), no matter how boring his music is.

agreed, never gave a shit for Deicide.

Hatred for Deicide's first 3 albums just shows amazingly bad taste. And who gives a fuck if it's truly evil or not, those albums are classics for obvious reasons: menacing atmosphere, great riffing, and superior songwriting. Deicide quickly went down the shitter, yes, but the first three albums are a trio of death metal perfection.

To his credit, you claimed he said they were more intense/brutal; all I see is that he said they were better...

I will apologize as I was pretty inebriated when I wrote that.

Metalcore is as much metal as anything else under the "metal umbrella", and is in fact a lot more brutal and intense than a lot of its neighbours under the umbrella. Saying it isn't metal is just silly small-minded elitist BS.;)

That's actually what he said, which is also pretty bad.

Cause of Death is the only Obituary album worth listening to, because of James Murphy's guitar work.
Cannibal Corpse is perpetually mediocre.
Sex is great.
Super Mario Bros music metalized would be amazing.

Gotta agree with SN... I like Cannibal corpse probably as much as anyone on these boards... and love old school us death metal...

As far as cc goes,

Tomb of The Mutilated > Kill = The Bleeding > Gallery of Suicide = Butchered at Birth > The Wretched Spawn > Gore Obsessed, Bloodthirst, Vile > Eaten Back To Life > Evisceration Plague

I find it odd that my least favorites are their latest and first.

I'm not a big Obituary fan, but I give them a good listen every once in a while, they have great material, maybe not entire albums but surely great songs. Also, I happened to see them live cause I won a free ticket and they were awesome, they did a really good show.

For CC, I don't really like them, although I sometimes give Kill a spin that's as far as it goes.

I do like Infestdead though, but I guess can get into it because it's not serious.

I will apologize as I was pretty inebriated when I wrote that.

That's actually what he said, which is also pretty bad.

Well, that drunken mess you made prior to this post was quite amusing, but you're still apparently somewhat retarded even while sober because you still don't realize that I said that Metalcore is more brutal than "some other" forms of metal under the "metal umbrella", I never said that Metalcore is more brutal and intense than death metal at all. You really should lie down before you hurt yourself ... :loco:

Well, that drunken mess you made prior to this post was quite amusing, but you're still apparently somewhat retarded even while sober because you still don't realize that I said that Metalcore is more brutal than "some other" forms of metal under the "metal umbrella", I never said that Metalcore is more brutal and intense than death metal at all. You really should lie down before you hurt yourself ... :loco:

Metalcore is not more brutal or intense then any other metal genre, and if you truly believe that, then your fucking retarded. Pristine production and heaviness =/= brutality or intensity. If you want brutal, look at any Swans release from the early 90's. If you want intensity, even power metal has that by the bucketload.

Hatred for Deicide's first 3 albums just shows amazingly bad taste. And who gives a fuck if it's truly evil or not, those albums are classics for obvious reasons: menacing atmosphere, great riffing, and superior songwriting. Deicide quickly went down the shitter, yes, but the first three albums are a trio of death metal perfection.

Agreed. Essential old school death metal.

Deicide is terrible and gimmicky. If Benton would have killed himself at 33 like he said he would, I'd at least have some respect for him, and it certainly would have upped the cult factor (see Mayhem), no matter how boring his music is.

Coming from someone who doesn't like Nespithe this means absolutely nothing.

Deicide sucks, only album of theirs i can even tolerate listening to is Legion.

They repeat 2,3 riffs in the exact same order in all their songs and majority of their songs sound the same. Glen Benton writes majority of the music. Maybe that's why it sucks.