Controversial opinions on metal

I've only listened to their first two albums. Would you say Durch Den Traum is a good starting point for their later material?

Regarding their recent material, yes, Durch Den Traum is fantastic and a good starting point. But understand it's not the aggressive melodic black metal that you'd find on their early albums, it's hardly even metal. The music is peaceful, dark and atmospheric, and very mood-oriented. More acoustic guitar and whispered vocals. Hexenwind is similar because they were written and recorded at the same time, but I don't think it's as good. And In Luft geritzt is an acoustic album, not one that I cared too much for.

Also, you might want to check out their third album, if you've only heard the first two.

"Over And Over" is by far the better bluesy album closer for Dio-era Sabbath. Blows away "Lonely Is The Word."

In fact the solo in it is one of Iommi's best and subsequently one of the greatest of all time. Holy shit.

Ozzy Sabbath is musically better than Dio Sabbath (even though Heaven And Hell might be my favorite Sabbath record), but I'm sure if Dio sang on the Ozzy-era albums, they'd be even better.

Ozzy is by no means a great singer, but his voice fits perfectly in the music of Black Sabbath in that era. And also, I think ozzy era Sabbath is better than Dio era, but just because I prefer doomy heavy metal to traditional heavy metal.

Dio is by far the best Sabbath singer, Ozzy's stuff is the best though, and any other vocalist that worked with Sabbath wouldn't fit the role of the drugged out sound Ozzy had.

All can sound dark as hell though, but they do it in different fashions.

I think it's silly to compare them just because they were in the same band.

The best thing Dio has done though has been Rainbow's Rising.

Ozzy is by no means a great singer, but his voice fits perfectly in the music of Black Sabbath in that era. And also, I think ozzy era Sabbath is better than Dio era, but just because I prefer doomy heavy metal to traditional heavy metal.
Dio era Sabbath is pretty doomy.

"Over And Over" is by far the better bluesy album closer for Dio-era Sabbath. Blows away "Lonely Is The Word."

No.

:popcorn:

seriously though... Dio Sabbath > Ozzy Sabbath

_40170502_gun4.jpg

I can only conclude that anyone who thinks Ozzy era albums would have been better with Dio or Martin fails at a fundamental understanding of metal.

Finally, someone with some fucking sense.

Have any of you even heard Live Evil? Dio fucking destroys the Ozzy-era songs. And not in the good way, in the "Oh my fucking god this is so abysmally bad" way.

Ozzy was IMO a better fit for the band, and a better vocalist, and their first couple albums with him are definitely their best ..... personally, i couldn't stand Dio's vocals:D, he's the main reason that i dont(cant) listen to any of their stuff after Never Say Die.