Controversial opinions on metal

ok, ok. so NOW your trolling right?

I can't even respond to your posts anymore. They just make no sense.

Answer me this:

Are you a fan of metalcore/ deathcore?

I consider Jane Doe to absolutely be one of the best albums of all time and Converge, themselves, to be god tier.

Overall, I wouldn't say I care that much for the vast majority of metalcore. Particularly the shit that just apes melodic death.

What does it have to do with intelligence? They just have fucking awful taste in music.

LuminousAether, no one gives a shit that you have your own opinions, you're just presenting them in a painfully obnoxious manner and I don't believe for a second that you're not aware of this and aren't looking for a rise out of people. That's trolling.

It's my avatar isn't it. Famine is a fun loving guy.

Another controversial opinion: I think Immortal are the worst black metal band of all time, hands down. I'd rather listen to fucking Hecate Enthroned.

Seriously, fucking touche for successfully trolling me...and even though I know you're trolling...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzYRvaD-xkQ&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzYRvaD-xkQ&feature=related[/ame]

What the fuck is going on here?

It's the truth. There's Metallica 84-86, the first two Megadeth albums, Exodus' Bonded By Blood, both Watchtowers, Coroner's No More Color, and a few others, but considering the entire 83-87 period, it doesn't really stack up to what was released in half that time in the early 90's.

there's no album from the 80s even 1% as good as bergtatt

There's no post-80's black metal album that's even 1% good as Screamer's Target: Earth, and that's the most boring Queensryche-worshiping 80's metal album I can think of.

EDIT: Except for Mayhem's Grand Declaration of War, which is half experimental-whatever shiny stuff anyways.

wtf are you talking about man? .... most of the best thrash came out in the 80's including all of Megadeth's, Slayer's, Metalica's, Testaments, Sepultura's, Destruction's, Sodom's, Kreator's etc albums that came out in the 80's... its not even fucking comparable man ....

where the fuck do you come up with all these ridiculous conclusions of your man??

anyway, some of the best thrash albunms from the 90's IMO are...the almighty Rust in Peace, Arise, The Gathering by Testament and Devastations Idolatry .... and LOL at mentioning Watchtower when talking about the best thrash of the 80's, go listen to your fucking power metal and quit talking about shit you dont know about.

wtf are you talking about man? .... most of the best thrash came out in the 80's including all of Megadeth's, Slayer's, Metalica's, Testaments, Sepultura's, Destruction's, Sodom's, Kreator's etc albums that came out in the 80's... its not even fucking comparable man ....

where the fuck do you come up with all these ridiculous conclusions of your man??

anyway, some of the best thrash albunms from the 90's IMO are...the almighty Rust in Peace, Arise, The Gathering by Testament and Devastations Idolatry .... and LOL at mentioning Watchtower when talking about the best thrash of the 80's, go listen to your fucking power metal and quit talking about shit you dont know about.

I already said excluding the obligatory classics (Master of Puppets, Peace Sells, et al). Testament, Kreator, and Slayer are *not* a member of that category. And Energetic Disassembly rapes everything that isn't Ride the Lightning or Bonded By Blood. 90's Death would not exist without that album (and its successor) and progressive metal as a whole would have had a massively delayed evolution with only Queensryche and Rush to build on. And despite that, it's still ballsy as fuck and rapes the pussy Testament crap you jerk off to.

oh, okay mister gatekeeper of obligatory 80's thrash classics ........ :lol:

your such a fucking failure, lol.

Slayer could have a couple of masterpieces if they didn't pad every fucking album they did with blatant filler. As it is, they are ass-raped by what Anacrusis, Believer, and Coroner released in the 90's.

srsly, I love A Time to Die. I'm not sure why, maybe because it's not two minutes long, but that song was insta-love. Easily my favorite second-wave black metal song.

srsly, I love A Time to Die. I'm not sure why, maybe because it's not two minutes long, but that song was insta-love. Easily my favorite second-wave black metal song.

Probably the best song on the album but that's not saying a whole hell of a lot. So I take back what I said about it being 0% good. It's 0.5% good.

I agree with slayer, never enjoyed them that much. Hell Awaits is good, and the other albums have some songs, but as a whole I don't really care for them.