Controversial opinions on metal

Well I always wondered what would happen if Necrophagist and Lightning Bolt were genetically combined and then forced to make music.

make it stop please make it stop

I have a controversial opinion: I can't get into Mercyful Fate, largely because of King Diamond's vocals. Definitely a very good band, though.

I found Abigail from his solo stuff to be my get-into-KD-mode, but I mostly hate how lame he looks, more like ridiculous not hate I guess but his falsetto wasnt always that bad for me

After having listened to Mercyful Fate and King Diamond for fifteen years i´m so used to Kings vocals they dont bother me a bit,but i can see how many find them irritating. When you get over it though and you can start appreciate the whole thing it´s so damn awesome.

free varg said:
Cannibal Corpse is fucking terrible
George Fisher is annoying but shits on Chris Barnes' life
King Diamond makes occasionally great music, but he is silly
Later Dimmu Borgir and later Satyricon is still good

Fixed your post. :D But I agree overall.

And Abigail's okay. In fact, KD is tolerable except for when he goes into off-key ridiculous falsetto mode.

they are fucking awesome and annoying. It's like when you get that fucking huge ass dessert at the restaurant you're like "this is gonna be fucking awesome" and then by the third bite you're like "get this shit out of my fucking face"

Back to topic.

My(renewed) fascination with Master of Puppets didn't last long. It is actually a pretty average album. Not sure if it's the punchless production or Hetfield's vocals that are mostly plain screaming that don't add much to the music. On AJFA, for instance the vocals are ingrained in rhythm but on MOP I get the feeling like they're incompetently mixed or something(just listen to Battery or Leper Messiah).
Ride the Lightning and And Justice For All are great, however.