Controversial opinions on metal

Master of Puppets is clearly their magnum opus. Ride the Lightning is a close second but MoP is more accomplished.

I'm sorry. dude, AJFA is rhythmically superior and tighter to everything else they've done.

AJA is more technical than anything else they've done... MOP is more consistent though i will admit that AJFA has hetfield's best vocals on it

Master of Puppets is clearly their magnum opus. Ride the Lightning is a close second but MoP is more accomplished.

Yes.
AJFA was ambitious, but didn't quite live up to it. Too much crap at the end; Frayed Ends, Dyer's Eve. To Live Is To Die feels totally unfinished, more like a recording of them trying out shit than an actual composition. A great album, but Puppets was far more polished. RTL was amazing, but Puppets was simply better.

To Live is to Die is one of their best songs, though
The transitions from one riff to the next are uber smooth on AJFA,
whereas MOP is bogged down by interludes and sudden breaks that simply feel ill-placed.

AJFA is my favorite. I bet I'm the only one here with that opinion. IMO it is their heaviest, darkest work. Songs like To Live is to Die, Harvester of Sorrow, and Shortest Straw are as dark as most death metal.