Controversial opinions on metal

To Live Is To Die is one of my favourite songs ever,heavy as hell,and the heavy sad riff that goes acoustic and then heavy again is as good as music can get in my opinion.

Yes.
AJFA was ambitious, but didn't quite live up to it. Too much crap at the end; Frayed Ends, Dyer's Eve. To Live Is To Die feels totally unfinished, more like a recording of them trying out shit than an actual composition. A great album, but Puppets was far more polished. RTL was amazing, but Puppets was simply better.

yes

It doesn't lack the power, but who needs depth on a NWOBHM-ish thrash album? It is BY FAR the best they've done.

I agree with Nec. I could get into MOP, I admit that it was influential and the production was great and everything but for some reason it just bores me.

:lol:

KEA is very dated and lacks the power and depth of the next three releases

Fixed.

The vocals are also pretty weak on KEA. Of course, many will say that they're brimming with youthful energy and angst and what not, but still, Hetfield has improved significantly on the next album.

"Ride the Lightning" has "Call of Ktulu", which kinda... you know... renders everything else uttery obsolete.
Eh...Orion is better. Both great, though.

AJFA is my favorite. I bet I'm the only one here with that opinion. IMO it is their heaviest, darkest work. Songs like To Live is to Die, Harvester of Sorrow, and Shortest Straw are as dark as most death metal.
No, you aren't alone. I agree that it's their darkest. I think if it had had decent bass it would have been far heavier. Instead, sounds kinda tinny.
Harvester used to scare me back in Eighth grade. And Shortest Straw I listened to so many times that it just annoys me now. Great songs, really. But MOP is more cohesive and powerful.

You, uh, don't seem to have changed anything. Does this signify agreement?

:lol:

KEM is very dated and lacks the power and depth of the next three releases

Thank you.

The vocals are also pretty weak on KEA. Of course, many will say that they're brimming with youthful energy and angst and what not, but still, Hetfield has improved significantly on the next album.

Hetfield sounds like his balls still haven't dropped, on Kill 'em All. :lol:

Ride The Lightning is my favorite but Kill Em All is still really fucking good.

Reason why I even got KEA is because of a list of Nec's. List was for Thrash essentials I think.