Controversial opinions on metal

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

KEA - THRAAAAAAASHAH!

RTL - Slightly more serious THRAAAAAAASHAH! and "Fade to Black"

MOP - Xerox of a xerox of RTL. Lame! Plus, they ran out of Mustaine riffs.

AJFA - Where the fuck did this come from? I will never understand. Progressive, thrashy, dark, WHAT THE FUCK?!

Does everyone understand? Kids, do I need to pull out a chalkboard?
Where you fail, is the fact that AJFA actually has some sophistication to it, unlike the mindless thrash that is KEA.

I'm done listening to Metallica. They wore out their welcome in high school. I used to listen to them so damn much. I own every record up until Garage Inc. but I don't think I've given one of 'em a spin since freshman year of college.

Still a great band with great musicians. It just gets old to me.

This used to be Faith No More's avatar.

I'm done listening to Metallica. They wore out their welcome in high school. I used to listen to them so damn much. It just gets old to me.
Yep. Fully agreed. Now can we finally end the Metallica discussion? That would be great.

I thought so too, but have done a 180 recently due to not listening to them for the LONGEST time.
This recently happened to me with Sabbath:worship:.

The Butt said:
Where you fail, is the fact that AJFA actually has some sophistication to it, unlike the mindless thrash that is KEA.

Don't cry or like piss yourself or anything, but you are an idiot.

Whoosh! That was the point.
*foghorn* That was the boat.

I mean, almost all early thrash is corny. Show No Mercy anyone?

Indeed. Though I feel Show No Mercy holds up beter than Kill 'Em All. This is why albums like RTL and MOP are better than KEA or Hell Awaits and RIB are better than SNM. More mature song writing... not as corny... etc.

I'm done listening to Metallica. They wore out their welcome in high school. I used to listen to them so damn much. I own every record up until Garage Inc. but I don't think I've given one of 'em a spin since freshman year of college.

Still a great band with great musicians. It just gets old to me.

I got bored of them for a bit. Then I got really back into them.

I bet that burning out happens to the vast majority of metalheads who really get into the music and started with Metallica. I know it happened to me, but my refractory period (lul) wasn't that long, though I don't really play their discs too often.

Metallica was just a gateway band to better music for me.

Symphony Xs V album is actually one of their worst releases.

Indeed. Though I feel Show No Mercy holds up beter than Kill 'Em All. This is why albums like RTL and MOP are better than KEA or Hell Awaits and RIB are better than SNM. More mature song writing... not as corny... etc.

RIB is in NO WAY better than SNM.

While I never used to like Slayer I've grown to love SNM and Hell Awaits, but I just can not get into anything beyond HA. I really just do not see why RiB is so highly regarded.

RiB is catchy and brutal. It if filled with killer riffs (I know this is a matter of opinion).

On an interesting Slayer-related note, my roommate thinks God Hates Us All is awesome, and he likes old Slayer and new Slayer equally. He is not a metalhead at all, so maybe that's why he can't really make any distinction. He does think all Metallica after AJFA sucks, though.