Controversial opinions on metal

The New Order is melodic guitar introduction metal with some thrash influences. The Aerosmith cover is easily the riffiest and most enjoyable SONG (if there's more interlude than song, it's not really a song anymore) on the album.

EDIT: And Feel the Fire owns that album.

^^ are you fucking serious?? man, no need to continue this anymore, will now ignore you without putting you on ignore. :wave:

melodic guitar introduction with some thrash influences??? LMFAO you talking about one of the greatest thrash records ever, but happened to describe the album like its a Watchtower record, man your a joke.

What Watchtower albums waste time with endless melodic sections? The New Order has two dedicated instrumentals, a minute and a half leading up to Disciples of the Watch, a minute opening the album and another half minute in the middle. It's like they wrote their own Ktulu and decided to mutilate it and spread the remnants across the album's duration. To be honest it's not really a terrible album (that's what the next three are) but there's a lot of fluff and not many memorable riffs. A definite case of the "sophomore slump".

I really like Thrash Metal but I can't stand Anthrax (any of their albums), and Testament isn't bad but they're far from brilliant imo. I'd listen to Exodus instead, Bonded by Blood, Pleasures of the Flesh and Fabulous Disaster ftw.

The New Order is melodic guitar introduction metal with some thrash influences. The Aerosmith cover is easily the riffiest and most enjoyable SONG (if there's more interlude than song, it's not really a song anymore) on the album.

EDIT: And Feel the Fire owns that album.

The New Order isn't a particularly awesome album, and Testament are far from the greatest thrash band, but...

You kidding?
Also, Trial By Fire is pretty cool. Actually, a lot of the songs on that album are pretty good except for the absurdly excessive interludes and intros.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well then...maybe our Interchangeability of Thrash through our listening formulated a change of discern....or some bullshit like that.

I agree that Anthrax should have never been in the "Big Four". Testament is a good band though, they've just never had any personality.

That's really what I was getting at I guess. I personally prefer Overkill to say Testament and Exodus. But, I could see where others would not. I think we can all agree that though Anthrax has some alright songs, they really don't belong in the Big Four.

There's a difference between "they didn't deserve it" (i.e. "they suck and I wish my bff thrash band was more successful") and "they really don't belong" (i.e. "I have no concept behind what the term 'Big Four' refers to").

arguing about the big four is always so fucking stupid, considering it's always been about who were the most popular thrash bands rather then who were the best.