Controversial opinions on metal

Coroner's great and besides Grin they dont have a weak album, and Dark Angel only have two good albums, Darkness Descends and Leaving Scars, but i wouldn't say either of those bands are better than say Megadeth, Slayer, Testament or Sepultura ..... Coroner's or DA's best albums wont stack up against the best of the four i mentioned.

I agree that Coroner was mediocre at best.

New topic: Plastic Planet by G/Z/R is one under rated album. The songs ALL kick huge quantities of ass. Butler's bass line's are massive and bludgeoning, and Burton Bell gives us his best vocal performance aside from Demanufacture. Check the album out if you haven't heard it, but it's hard to find (at least it used to be).

It's so cool- I'm home in America now and went into my old bedroom and looked through all my cd's. I'm rediscovering all these gems like Plastic Planet and early At The Gates material. I've been out of the metal loop/mood for a while so it's a cool feeling.

:lol: @ Burgerboy for thinking Overkill is better than Testament.

Did I say that? They're about equal. An awesome debut, an almost equally awesome mid-ish-period album (Horrorscope and Low), and some good/decent stuff beyond that. Actually, The Gathering owns most Overkill, so I think I'd give the edge to Testament.

Coroner are musical wank and their music goes nowhere. awkward as hell

RIP can be very awkward at times (Suicide Command especially) and Punishment for Decadence is guilty of some rehashery of the debut, but the three following albums are pure genius. Extremely concise and efficient song-writing (yeah, Grin is a bit repetitive but it still works), and Vetterli's solos own everything. My favorite thrash band on the merits of those alone. If any band in thrash epitomizes wank, it's probably Slayer.

Coroner's great and besides Grin they dont have a weak album, and Dark Angel only have two good albums, Darkness Descends and Leaving Scars, but i wouldn't say either of those bands are better than say Megadeth, Slayer, Testament or Sepultura ..... Coroner's or DA's best albums wont stack up against the best of the four i mentioned.

The best of Megadeth and Slayer are still way too inconsistent to have shit on Coroner's best, Grin included.

I think Cryptopsy is absolute garbage.

They have a couple really shitty albums yes.

Blasphemy Made Flesh was awesome.

None so Vile was even better.

Whisper Supremacy was ok.

And Then You'll Beg was awful.

Once Was Not = fucking amazing.

and The Unspoken King was beyond terrible, almost unspeakably bad.

and Dark Angel definitely has more than one good album. Darkness Descends is just the one they're known for.

They have a couple really shitty albums yes.

Blasphemy Made Flesh was awesome.

None so Vile was even better.

Whisper Supremacy was ok.

And Then You'll Beg was awful.

Once Was Not = fucking amazing.

and The Unspoken King was beyond terrible, almost unspeakably bad.

Whisper Supremacy was better than OK, it was actually quite good. Otherwise, I would agree.

Coroner are musical wank and their music goes nowhere. awkward as hell

tumblr_lalmqbg0X51qaq9ono1_500.jpg