Controversial opinions on metal

I don't see how that album is in any way indicative of a person's enjoyment of metal. It's closer to Molly Hatchet than the forerunners of epic traditional/power of its day.

As to if 2000s Manilla Road is better than 80s Manilla Road, while Gates Of Fire is my favorite from them, the rest of the 2000s output is great but not quite at the same level as their 80s stuff.

Either way, still my favorite traditional heavy metal band.

Crystal Logic is an enjoyable album imo and I don't give two shits where it stands in the grand scheme of metal. Can't we all just get along?

When are people going to learn to just ignore HamburgerBoy? I really don't care whether or not anything he says is an attempt at "trolling" because nothing he says is worth acknowledging or responding to either way.

As far as I can tell he phrases controversial but ultimately defensible opinions in the most trollish terms. Not conducive to any sort of worthwhile discussion.

Motorhead - Inferno > everything else, including Ace of Spades and the other classics.

As to if 2000s Manilla Road is better than 80s Manilla Road, while Gates Of Fire is my favorite from them, the rest of the 2000s output is great but not quite at the same level as their 80s stuff.

Either way, still my favorite traditional heavy metal band.

How amazing isn't this fucking band? You know a band is good when you get frustrated by too many available choices when trying to give an uninitiated friend a sample. Eventually I chose to start with "The Riddle Master", then on to "The Deluge", and then I played almost all of Voyager. That's a good way to break someone in.

Nothing like chopping pork with a Cold Steel Two Handed Great Sword

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one who prefers Open the Gates to Crystal Logic? Probably got alot to do with it being my first Manilla Road album but it is more epic. Doesn't really matter though as Crystal Logic is outstanding too ofcourse.

Am I the only one who prefers Open the Gates to Crystal Logic? Probably got alot to do with it being my first Manilla Road album but it is more epic. Doesn't really matter though as Crystal Logic is outstanding too ofcourse.

Open the Gates is the worst Manilla Road album I've heard in full. At least Crystal Logic has Necropolis.

Wow,that is probably the most controversial comment i've come across.As a huge MR fan,i'm struggling with that one.Atlantis Rising is one of my favourite modern MR albums but shit man...Open The Gates is a classic.