Controversial opinions on metal

So you mean like stuff like funeral doom or some black metal?

I see what you mean, for example, you really need to be in the right mood for something like Warning's "Watching From A Distance." If you're not actually sad at the time you listen to it, you hear it as melodramatic bullshit. But if you are, then its all "omigosh like this totally gets me right now!!!1!"

I can honestly say I dont like Gorguts that much. Their osdm stuff is solid enough, but nothing special. Obscura is interesting... but it physically makes my head hurt.

Considered Dead is nothing special. The Erosion of Sanity is faptastic.

Just remove them from the playlist ffs, then you can skip to Disgustipated, which is genius.

I didn't know that song had a name, but it's my favorite on the album. Somehow I've never tried messing around with it; if a song is intolerably bad I'll just press the skip button. I'll try that.

Fuck off spamfag.

I can't get into Gorguts, either.

This may be controversial: I'm sad to see the trashy/melodic sound that metal developed between the late 90's until recently now falling out of favor.

What do you mean? are you talking about melodic metal genres - they actually gained some popularity in the last years; ...but just like everything that starts to get liked by many, it soon becomes trendy to hate :p Or at least people that don't like it start forming opinions on why they hate it.

Anyway, no musical style will be popular forever, others will take their place.

Considered Dead and The Erosion of Sanity are great. I don't dislike newer Gorguts, but it does not do for me what it does for others. A lot of people hold that stuff high in a general metal sense.

Discouraged Ones is the best clean katatonia album. I mention this because recall some Katatonia discussion somewhere.