Controversial opinions on metal

I don't like Crystal Logic, or Manilla Road. Also, Kill 'Em All is terrible imo. The whole metal era before 1984 doesn't really have one good album.

People have to remember that the chunky and growly guitar tones were not possible until the mid 80's, and thus does not make early metal "un-heavy". Also, early metal bands like Sabbath and even Judas Priest were still creating a unique identity for the genre, so the residual influences of rock 'n' roll and blues were still quite evident. Also, I don't think you can used the word "suck" to describe the likes of Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Bill Ward, Rob Halford, Glenn Tipton, or K.K. Downing. Personal tastes are personal tastes, but incredible talent cannot be debated.

People have to remember that the chunky and growly guitar tones were not possible until the mid 80's, and thus does not make early metal "un-heavy". Also, early metal bands like Sabbath and even Judas Priest were still creating a unique identity for the genre, so the residual influences of rock 'n' roll and blues were still quite evident. Also, I don't think you can used the word "suck" to describe the likes of Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Bill Ward, Rob Halford, Glenn Tipton, or K.K. Downing. Personal tastes are personal tastes, but incredible talent cannot be debated.

It is what it is, if it's less heavy it's less heavy whether it was possible to be heavy by today's standards back then or not. I never said they sucked btw, that was the other guy. But I would like to change my wording in retrospect. They were good, I'm just not as into them.

The best Death Metal came from Finland, in the early 90's. Everything else pales in comparison.

Probably plus Demigod and some meh funeral doom stuff. Everyone knows the USA is best at everything, whether they admit it or not.

I have a hard time telling if you're trolling or not. I was never a huge fan of the USA Death Metal scene beyond Morbid Angel, Immolation, Incantation, and Suffocation. That's a lot of -ion's.

Does USA have one good black metal band? I mean, I kinda like the new Havohej but I wouldn't even call it bm. The new Inquisition is overrated as fuck and Profanatica aswell. I was listening to Judas Iscariot few das back and they suffer from the same problem as most of USBM. Totally uninspired riffs / music. They may be "correct" in a form, but they are just not interesting.

As for deathmetal, however Incantation, Suffocation and Immolation (and it's newer clones) may be good, how can they ever beat Scandinavian stuff in quality/quantity?

EDIT: Long story short, USA is not best at any form of art. It's still on the top of my nationality chart on last.fm because it's so fucking big.

OndraZ.png

I have a hard time telling if you're trolling or not. I was never a huge fan of the USA Death Metal scene beyond Morbid Angel, Immolation, Incantation, and Suffocation. That's a lot of -ion's.

Maybe a little. I'm not really a fan of any particular country's death metal output in particular, or even any certain band. From what I've heard Finland definitely wouldn't be very represented, however.