Controversial opinions on metal

That was not an argument. If you like Korn, it's fine by me, I was just laughing at your whining, not your taste in music.

Really. So if you think that criticizing metal elitism is whining, you must think it's a good thing then that it's so popular to bash on entire genres like nu metal and metalcore. But metal hybrid genres were spawned by legitimate metal groups to begin with. Anthrax collaborating with public enemy is a well-known example. Industrial metal, e.g. fear factory uses non-traditional sound effects. Most popular groups such as Metallica include large numbers of nu metal and alternative metal acts on their tours. Ozzy himself has appeared in numerous albums and even videos in non-traditional heavy music such as Coal Chamber and Rob Zombie. Why should the fans look down on hybrid genres when the artists themselves do not?

Really. So if you think that criticizing metal elitism is whining, you must think it's a good thing then that it's so popular to bash on entire genres like nu metal and metalcore.

Like I said, I laughed at the bitter tone (=whining) of your criticism. I don't care if it's popular to bash certain genres, I bash them, if I don't like them. And I've never heard a single good nu metal or metalcore band, so my opinion on them is quite obvious.

Why should the fans look down on hybrid genres when the artists themselves do not?

I look down on genres that sound like shit to my ears, and I don't form my opinions based on what other people like.

Like I said, I laughed at the bitter tone (=whining) of your criticism.

Fair enough I guess

I look down on genres that sound like shit to my ears, and I don't form my opinions based on what other people like.

Neither do I. But it seems most people, metal or not, have an irresistible urge to be popular in their tastes among the people they consider their peers, which usually entails looking down on a somewhat-similar outside group

Really. So if you think that criticizing metal elitism is whining, you must think it's a good thing then that it's so popular to bash on entire genres like nu metal and metalcore. But metal hybrid genres were spawned by legitimate metal groups to begin with. Anthrax collaborating with public enemy is a well-known example. Industrial metal, e.g. fear factory uses non-traditional sound effects. Most popular groups such as Metallica include large numbers of nu metal and alternative metal acts on their tours. Ozzy himself has appeared in numerous albums and even videos in non-traditional heavy music such as Coal Chamber and Rob Zombie. Why should the fans look down on hybrid genres when the artists themselves do not?

If you pay any attention to the people who post in this forum, you'd realize that we're not elitist butthurt dwellers. Please lurk moar.

All right I've got some controversial opinions, so I'll share them:

-Beherit is not black metal. Its just sloppy doom/death. And they suck.
-Burzum's synth album "Hlidskjalf" is great.
-Velevet Cacoon's "Genevieve" is one the top 10 black metal albums ever.
- Mayhem's "Deathcrush" and "De Myserious" are not very good. "Live in Leipzig" is the only Mayhem album worth owning.

1. I'll reluctantly agree.
2. See #1.
3. Nope.
4. DMDS and LiL are Mayhem's best albums, along with maybe GDoW. Otherwise, everything by Mayhem is pretty much shit, imo. I prefer Watain for that style of black metal.