Controversial opinions on metal

Immolation are the greatest death metal band of all time in terms of sheer consistency over the years with one incredible album after another. Don't know if that's controversial but I'm just throwing it out there!

Immolation are the greatest death metal band of all time in terms of sheer consistency over the years with one incredible album after another. Don't know if that's controversial but I'm just throwing it out there!

Well if you've released two albums like Altars of Madness and Blessed are the Sick you don't have to be consistent, but yeah Immolation has managed to build up quite the impressive back catalogue.

Or, you could be a mature human and say that you just don't like genres that sound like shit to your ears, since saying you "look down on them" makes it sound like you somehow believe the genres you like to be intrinsically better than others, thus illuminating your tendency to narrate your own existence and obscure the truth, which is that the things you like aren't better because you like them.

And based on some things I've seen you praise, thank god.

It's pretty much how you interpret it. I'm not saying certain genres should be considered shit by everyone, but I've never heard any good music in those genres, and that's why I think they suck.

Bullshit. Here in After and Failures for Gods are two of the most rich and intricate death metal albums of all time from a purely musical standpoint, and they're easily two of the most conceptually rewarding companion pieces in all of metal.

Absolutely. Immolation make some of the most interesting death metal for my ears.

No, i don´t want to consider myself a "metalhead". I don´t need labels. I´m just a guy who enjoy some metal styles. Death Metal happens to not be one of them.

What types of metal or heavy music do you like, splinter? I don't judge other people on their musical tastes. Unless they think all metal is crap and listen to flava flav...

Although I'm really not sure those guys (doctors?) are really in the band, or if they're just mocking the fact that in the beginning,

I'm getting two things confused but Im pretty sure TCME is either Exhumed or Impaled.

One of those two bands is TCME, the other is Ghoul. Or something like that..

I'm getting two things confused but Im pretty sure TCME is either Exhumed or Impaled.

One of those two bands is TCME, the other is Ghoul. Or something like that..

Ghoul is Impaled. TCME is suspected of having members from Exhumed.

Necroticism is an amazing album, and anybody who says it's shit is probably a faggot.

Seriously though, If anyone dislikes this album give it another fucking listen.

Nostradamus is a great album, and Angel of Retribution is damn good too. They both outclass a lot of Judas Priest's post-70s material.

Haven't heard Nostradamus, but I agree about Angel of Retribution. It's a worthy follow-up to Painkiller. Lacks some of the anthemic speed metal qualities, but makes up for it with some really tasteful leads, well-composed riffing, and general variety.

I'll say this on the topic of priest: I haven't dug too deeply, but from the 80s Priest stuff I've heard, I'll take the speed metal stuff over them any day. Faster, more aggressive, catchier, less formulaic, and generally more relevant.

Defenders of the Faith, British Steel and Screaming for Vengeance put their two latest albums to shame. Although, I agree that Angel of Retribution is a great album.

Post-80's Pantera aint bad. I think far too many people associate Pantera with the nu-metal bands that tried to copy Panteras sound, and failed. The crap bands of the 90's that tried to create something new out of something that already existed, created a style inspired by the complexity and progressivity of Pantera, lacking the talent to do so in an good way.

Now it's gone so far, that people who hear Pantera for the first time think to themselves "this sounds to nu-metal crap for me", not realizing tht Pantera did their thing very well in the early 90's, before nu-metal even existed.

Now go ahead and flame me. As a Pantera fan, I've grown used to it.

Post-80's Pantera aint bad. I think far too many people associate Pantera with the nu-metal bands that tried to copy Panteras sound, and failed. The crap bands of the 90's that tried to create something new out of something that already existed, created a style inspired by the complexity and progressivity of Pantera, lacking the talent to do so in an good way.

Now it's gone so far, that people who hear Pantera for the first time think to themselves "this sounds to nu-metal crap for me", not realizing tht Pantera did their thing very well in the early 90's, before nu-metal even existed.

Now go ahead and flame me. As a Pantera fan, I've grown used to it.

I like everything Pantera did. I still think Cowboys from Hell is one of the best 90s albums ever made and has one of the best vocal performances ever.