Controversial opinions on metal

I find the only death metal bands I listen to these days are Carcass, Impaled, and Exhumed. If it's not blackened in some way it tends to bore the shit out of me.

Black metal or not, Beherit is great.
Live in Leipzig is trash. "It has Dead on vocals!" I don't care it still sounds like shit.
I don't see the point of live albums.

Here's something controversial:
Carcass' first three albums fucking suck. The second and third's songs are just way too long for goregrinding death metal and quickly have me turning them to anything else and the first is okay I guess... at best.

Disregarding all historical importance,

General Surgery > Carcass
Exhumed > Carcass
The County Medical Examiners > Carcass

And, more importantly, in no contest whatsoever:

Impetigo >>>> Carcass

Carcass' first three albums fucking suck. The second and third's songs are just way too long for goregrinding death metal and quickly have me turning them to anything else and the first is okay I guess... at best.

Exhumed > Carcass

Impetigo >>>> Carcass

Meh. I disagree.
General Surgery are great, but to say they are anything more than as good as Carcass is ridiculous.
Exhumed definently have a more solid list of albums.
The only song from TCME worth listening to is Casper's Dictum.
As far as Impetigo and Carcass go, I like Carcass' vocals better.

I look down on genres that sound like shit to my ears, and I don't form my opinions based on what other people like.

Or, you could be a mature human and say that you just don't like genres that sound like shit to your ears, since saying you "look down on them" makes it sound like you somehow believe the genres you like to be intrinsically better than others, thus illuminating your tendency to narrate your own existence and obscure the truth, which is that the things you like aren't better because you like them.

And based on some things I've seen you praise, thank god.

Exhumed > Carcass

Impetigo >>>> Carcass

Carcass's first 2 suck, not the 3rd.
General Surgery = Carcass
Exhumed > Carcass
You're just fucking retarded for suggesting that TCME are better than Carcass
Impetigo > Carcass

Why? You have to like all kinds of metal? That´s cool.

If you want to consider yourself a metalhead, you have to be open minded about all genres of metal.

I find the only death metal bands I listen to these days are Carcass, Impaled, and Exhumed. If it's not blackened in some way it tends to bore the shit out of me.

Black metal or not, Beherit is great.
Live in Leipzig is trash. "It has Dead on vocals!" I don't care it still sounds like shit.
I don't see the point of live albums.

Better than cookie monster on vocals.

Live albums can be great when its a band that has a unique live sound (King Crimson, Swans etc.) With raw black metal its fine since so many albums are basically recorded in a "live" manner anyway.

If you want to consider yourself a metalhead, you have to be open minded about all genres of metal.

No, i don´t want to consider myself a "metalhead". I don´t need labels. I´m just a guy who enjoy some metal styles. Death Metal happens to not be one of them.

Regarding Carcass, Symphonies of Sickness is without a doubt their best album. :cool:

And give The County Medical Examiners a break, they made a smelly CD and its pretty cool. Although I'm really not sure those guys (doctors?) are really in the band, or if they're just mocking the fact that in the beginning, people used to think Carcass consisted of doctors.

Or, you could be a mature human and say that you just don't like genres that sound like shit to your ears, since saying you "look down on them" makes it sound like you somehow believe the genres you like to be intrinsically better than others, thus illuminating your tendency to narrate your own existence and obscure the truth, which is that the things you like aren't better because you like them.

That's one long scentence. :lol:

I honestly think anything similar to Death Metal is really really bad

:err:

Why is that? Is it because you can't understand the vocals (a common excuse) or...?