Controversial opinions on metal

Personally, I find TRitSiO to be VERY overrated, and I still haven't been able to fully get into it.
Tritsio?

beatles were great man... some of the early stuff is a bit too hokey for my tastes but they've made as far as classic rock goes these days i'd say however that zep and floyd are my favs
I hate Beatles early material. They got good when they got into drugs:lol:.

Probably a popular answer, but Zep and Floyd are my fav's too.

tRitSiO = The Red In The Sky Is Ours by At The Gates.
I think it's overrated, but still all kinds of awesome.

I like TRITSIO, but far from my favorite album, overall. Surely one of my favorite Death Metal albums though.

On a kinda related, kinda not related note about MA, you guys watch the DVD that comes with the 2006 re-issue of Altars? The part where the guy jumps on stage and wipes his hand on Azagthoth's sweaty arm and wipes it on himself in a gay way is fucking hilarious. :lol:

Dream Theater are so bad they are unlistenable.

Somewhere in Time is one of Maiden's best albums.

Judas Priest's first four albums trump the rest of their catalog. Painkiller is highly overrated.

Judas Priest's first four albums trump the rest of their catalog.

That one certainly isn't controversial, aside from Rocka Rolla being a part of those first four. I pretty much agree completely, although I'd take Screaming For Vengeance over Stained Class.

Screaming for Vengeance I feel is their most consistent album of the 80's, as it doesn't contain any complete crap songs like Hot Rockin' or United, but I rate Stained Class as their second best, right under Sad Wings of Destiny, perhaps the greatest metal album of all time.

Oh also, the two Maiden albums with Di'Anno were the best things they ever did.

True. To make up for the lack of controversy in that last post, I'll say that No Prayer for the Dying is better than the two albums before it and every album after as well.