Controversial opinions on metal

Slaughter of the Soul has better vocals than any other AtG album. Controversy? I still prefer their older stuff though, Slaughter of the Soul only has a few worthwhile tracks (Cold, Blinded By Fear, The Flames of the End)

tritsio would deserve all the blowjobs it gets if its vocals didn't suck so damn hard

emotive be damned, I just can't get into them

I haven't listened a lot to any other albums than Slaughter of the Soul and The Red In The Sky Is Ours, though. Actually, the vocals on Slaughter of the Soul are much more emotive than those on The Red In The Sky Is Ours, the vocals on that album are too harsh to be truly emotive.

I haven't listened a lot to any other albums than Slaughter of the Soul and The Red In The Sky Is Ours, though. Actually, the vocals on Slaughter of the Soul are much more emotive than those on The Red In The Sky Is Ours, the vocals on that album are too harsh to be truly emotive.

I agree. SOTS has some of the best vocals ever. TRITSIO is still a much better album though.

Meh, the cheesy aspects (or at least those that I now see to be widely considered cheesy) are what got me into metal in the first place. There's not really anything inherently wrong with that as far as I'm concerned. It just so happened that, in my findings, I stumbled upon bands that weren't cheesy (or less so, anyway).

I consider 'cheesy' to mean 'lulztastic', whether in a good or bad way. For instance, Alestorm and Bal-Sagoth are cheesy in a good way, because they're both so ridiculous that they're awesome. Something like Dragonforce is cheesy because you can't help but laugh at them, because they take themselves so seriously yet EVERY FUCKING SONG sounds exactly the same.

Just some fuel for the furnace.