Controversial opinions on metal

Nah, I gotta back Andy up on this. It doesn't even really sound like old Autopsy, which was boring too. I've never understood the love for Autopsy. Morbid Angel, Suffocation, Incantation, Immolation etc are all far superior to Autopsy in every single way, hell, even random swedish or finnish bands that never got past demo stages are superior.

Here's something interesting maybe...
The more I listen to these bands,

Morbid Angel = Autopsy > Immolation > Incantation > Suffocation

Immolation's best two are Dawn and unholy cult
Incantation's best album is Diabolical Conquest

I'd go Morbid Angel > Desultory (ignoring StS) > Suffocation > Autopsy > Immolation > Incantation.

But as gundamterran said, there are a heap of Swedish bands with one release or demo releases that fucking rule as well - Grotesque, Nirvana 2002, Uncanny, Sorcery, Bloodstone - i could go on.

I'm confused as to why you're sticking a swedish band in there when all the rest are usdm.

A lot of those old demos and eps are good but seriously overrated.

I'd say

Morbid Angel > Incantation > Immolation > Autopsy > Suffocation

Immolation's best two = Dawn and Close to a World Below

Agreed on Incantation's best. Mortal Throne would be second imo.

I hate the thinking that a band that couldnt even hold together for a full length is somehow better than bands with multiple essential albums. Yes they were good, but a ten minute demo just isnt enough for me to say something like that.

Weren't you the guy who thinks Dissection is better then Sacramentum?

Yes.

This opinion is even stupider then that one.

Aww. Well, everyone is entitled to his opinion, and so on.

I hate the thinking that a band that couldnt even hold together for a full length is somehow better than bands with multiple essential albums. Yes they were good, but a ten minute demo just isnt enough for me to say something like that.

I agree somewhat, but still Morbid and Nihilist are far better than anything I've heard by Incantation, Immolation, Autopsy or Suffocation.

Blast beats are getting really annoying. It's lazy songwriting and if the drummer keeps it up for more than a minute and follows up with off beats he needs to be playing a different instrument.

That being said, they're appropriate for a lot of situations, but if there's no spin being put on them after a few measures, I get either bored or irritated.