Controversial opinions on metal

a bass doesnt have to play something different to fit well. It just has to follow with the drums. It can play the same riff as the guitar, but phrase it different to follow teh drums more closely or something of that affect.

Although I can't think of any examples at the moment, I'm sure there are plenty of examples of the bass overstaying its welcome. Perhaps it's because, based on your signature, you lead more toward bands that have a more open and liberal pallet of musical possibilities, whereas for the majority of Metal bands, it's a much more rigid and defined affair, so when the bass is off doing something whacky, rather than being an interesting change of pace, it's simply distracting you from the core of the song. You should hop over to the Metal Rules message board and ask Vic what he thinks a bassist should be in Metal, I'm sure he'll have something interesting to say.

It's death/black, I guess, you could say.

It's not bad, tbh.

On a somewhat related note, I recently redownloaded Emperor's last album Prometheus and really enjoying it. Pretentious, overblown, downright silly in places, but so damn fun.:)

I can, and like I said before, their fundamental formula is Black Metal, but with a lot of elements thrown on top, to the point that it sounds much different from what's expected from Black Metal.

Not Black Metal =/= has no traces of Black Metal.

And I'm pretty sure I've never even commented on TWWTG, and if I have, I was probably bullshitting because I've never even heard the fucking thing. The Olden Domain already moved substantially past a rigid Black Metal framework and is not solely Black Metal. If you think it's purely Black Metal, then you're wrong. I don't see what's controversial about this.

Not Black Metal =/= has no traces of Black Metal.

And I'm pretty sure I've never even commented on TWWTG, and if I have, I was probably bullshitting because I've never even heard the fucking thing. The Olden Domain already moved substantially past a rigid Black Metal framework and is not solely Black Metal. If you think it's purely Black Metal, then you're wrong. I don't see what's controversial about this.

You once said that TWWTG was not black metal. Which is total bullshit but whatever.

No. I simply don't give a shit what you think ever. You never have anything good to say about anything. Die.

Of course a human specimen as pathetic as you would find nothing interesting about what I have to say, just as your embarrassing interests do nothing for me.

You once said that TWWTG was not black metal. Which is total bullshit but whatever.

Find it. Also, even if I can't recall having heard it, from all accounts that I can recall, it's not purely Black Metal anyway, as its heavily doused with Industrial influences.

Find it. Also, even if I can't recall having heard it, from all accounts that I can recall, it's not purely Black Metal anyway, as its heavily doused with Industrial influences.

I will try and find it, but I doubt I will find it a year after you posted it but I will try. It is still a very pure black metal albums, regardless of the industrial influences. It is the same debate we had when F.O.A.D out. The album is just different and much more interesting than a lot of "normal" black metal.