Controversial opinions on metal

...And The Forests Dream Eternally and Grom are fucking amazing. But totally eclipsed by Demigod, The Apostasy, Evangelion, Zos Kia Cultus, etc.
After I posted that I started listening to Pandemonic Incantations. That album made me happy. Very happy.

3. Cannibal Corpse is grossly overrated and one of the most uninteresting death metal bands around. That being said, they do have some good tunes. I just don't get the hype.

8. I perfer Anette to Tarja. Anette is far more versitile than Tarja ever was and the latest Nightwish album is conclusive proof of that.

Yes to these two points! CC's problem is largely in the drumn department. Its boring and uninspired and makes the music feel sterile. I think I would have appreciated the music alot more of they had hired a better drummer. That said I do have some problems with Corpsegrinder as well.

Im no huge Nightwish fan and Tarja is probably the better vocalist technically but man is Anette a better fit for the band. And in the band I agree she shows more personality and a better feel for the overall music. I always felt Tarjas vocals sounded like they had been taped on top of something that it wasnt really related to.

Edit: I just saw now that Anette has left the band. Oh well...

All wrong, iron maidens first 5 albums are way better than the rest.

Cannibal Corpse is one of the most popular death metal bands for a reason, they are much "groovier" than most death metal bands and are easy to headbang to.

"Medicore guitar harmony" are you serious? Have you ever heard the painkiller solo? Lets see you play that if its so easy.

A Matter of Life and Death is one of the most epic, bombastic, and just plain awesome releases of all time. All maiden albums are good in my book, but this one takes the cake with ease.

Popularity doesn't mean quality. Their populatiry has more to do with the 'Shocking' lyrics and album art than anything else. If your music is banned in several contries because of your content, it obviously will make people want to check you out and by default make them think you are cool for because you're 'bad'

Yes I am serious. And yes I have heard it. I didn't say it was easy. I said it was uninteresting. Especially considering there is much more intersting guitar work that has been done since and been done before them. Tony Iommi created some of the best riffs and solos ever and he was the sole guitarist in Black Sabbath. He blows both K.K. and Glenn out of the fucking water. And what about David Gilmour or Alex Lifeson? These guys were churning out some real groundbreaking and intersting guitar work well before K.K and Glenn. So why do those two get some much praise? They shouldn't, plain and simple.

Yes to these two points! CC's problem is largely in the drumn department. Its boring and uninspired and makes the music feel sterile. I think I would have appreciated the music alot more of they had hired a better drummer. That said I do have some problems with Corpsegrinder as well.

Im no huge Nightwish fan and Tarja is probably the better vocalist technically but man is Anette a better fit for the band. And in the band I agree she shows more personality and a better feel for the overall music. I always felt Tarjas vocals sounded like they had been taped on top of something that it wasnt really related to.

Edit: I just saw now that Anette has left the band. Oh well...

BINGO!

I went through a phase of listening to stuff that never really gelled with me for some weird and wonderful reason, being a bit of a poser in my late teens may be to blame. Anyway, to wrap it all up:

Skyclad, Megadeth and even Ensiferum, who I used to listen, all mostly suck. They have done some ok stuff, but they aren't close to be "good bands".

Operation Mindcrime is a bit of a shit album really, The Warning and Rage For Order are good albums but Mindcrime is just dull, most concept albums are pretty shit generally, even the highly rated rock ones are awfully tedious to listen to, especially Tommy

I went through a phase of listening to stuff that never really gelled with me for some weird and wonderful reason, being a bit of a poser in my late teens may be to blame. Anyway, to wrap it all up:

Skyclad, Megadeth and even Ensiferum, who I used to listen, all mostly suck. They have done some ok stuff, but they aren't close to be "good bands".

Operation Mindcrime is a bit of a shit album really, The Warning and Rage For Order are good albums but Mindcrime is just dull, most concept albums are pretty shit generally, even the highly rated rock ones are awfully tedious to listen to, especially Tommy

I actually like Megadeth a lot but can understand how some can find it boring or just plain not good. I'll have to admit sometimes those bands can just run together.

Never listened much to Mindcrime. Everyone says it's good, of course that doesn't mean it is.

Popularity doesn't mean quality. Their populatiry has more to do with the 'Shocking' lyrics and album art than anything else. If your music is banned in several contries because of your content, it obviously will make people want to check you out and by default make them think you are cool for because you're 'bad'

Or its because they pump out solid headbangable death metal filled with understandable vocals and the best metal bassist. I've never understood why people want to pick on drummers in death metal either. Unless their drumming is making some obnoxious sound, what do you want them to be doing exactly?

Cannibal Corpse is one of the most popular death metal bands for a reason, they are much "groovier" than most death metal bands and are easy to headbang to.

A lot of things are groovy and easy to headbang to, but that doesnt make the cut in my book for being one of "the most popular death metal bands".

• I find Iron Maiden to be the pinnacle of mediocrity.

I do not like to go back in posts to bring up issues already discussed, but since someone already did it on this page I dont care. But I agree with this. Dont get the hype.

I will agree about Skyclad and Ensiferum, but not Megadeth...Almost every release they have put out has been fucking stellar.

This forum's approach to CC is cold to say the least. I think they are way more popular outside of this forum. And yeah Megadeth is terrible. But that's been discussed and confirmed quite a while ago too.

A Matter of Life and Death is one of the most epic, bombastic, and just plain awesome releases of all time. All maiden albums are good in my book, but this one takes the cake with ease.

Yes I am serious. And yes I have heard it. I didn't say it was easy. I said it was uninteresting. Especially considering there is much more intersting guitar work that has been done since and been done before them. Tony Iommi created some of the best riffs and solos ever and he was the sole guitarist in Black Sabbath. He blows both K.K. and Glenn out of the fucking water. And what about David Gilmour or Alex Lifeson? These guys were churning out some real groundbreaking and intersting guitar work well before K.K and Glenn. So why do those two get some much praise? They shouldn't, plain and simple.

Black sabbath is fucking terrible, ozzy is a TERRIBLE vocalist and I can't listen to them because that. Either way when talking about skill i'm about 99% sure tony iommi has never had a solo with sweep picking in it and none of his solos are "melodic" and any guitarist with 2 years of playing could play their whole catalog. David gilmour is overrated as fuck, I haven't heard anything by pink floyd that didn't bore me to tears, plus this thread is about metal not mainstream pop/rock.

Black sabbath is fucking terrible, ozzy is a TERRIBLE vocalist and I can't listen to them because that. Either way when talking about skill i'm about 99% sure tony iommi has never had a solo with sweep picking in it and none of his solos are "melodic" and any guitarist with 2 years of playing could play their whole catalog. David gilmour is overrated as fuck, I haven't heard anything by pink floyd that didn't bore me to tears, plus this thread is about metal not mainstream pop/rock.

HA! What a tool!

You are either a troll, or a fucking dipshit...