Controversial opinions on metal

I don't see how these are any more blatant filler than the weakest moments of many a Judas Priest album. Particularly Gangland and Back in the Village. All are great.
Wasn't saying those are bad songs, and I wasn't not taking a side in the Maiden/Priest thing (although I prefer Maiden). Just saying those are definitely filler tracks they wrote to pad out the album.

Killers with Di'Anno is my favorite Maiden, but there's some great stuff with Bruce. Bruck Dickinson's solo album The Chemical Wedding is excellent. And I prefere Maiden over Priest.

Priest is music to fuck to.

Maiden is music to live in your mom's basement to.
Listen buddy, you must be brain dead because you've got another thing comin' if you think Maiden are just run of the mill, and some heads are gonna roll unless you say yes when I point out that Maiden have been delivering the goods with the heart of a lion since the dawn of creation, and while Judas Priest may indeed be the metal gods and rock all around the world, Maiden are a fucking monster of rock and if you disagree you can burn in hell.

I agree, except for Painkiller. That album is kinda gay.

We should only be considering truly relevant albums anyway. I mean Painkiller or Seventh Son or whatever have some nice tracks here and there but why nitpick minor contributions when you've got the mighty Sad Wings/Stained Class vs. the first few maiden albums thing going on?

Honestly I don't necessarily disagree though it's not my thing, but I'm referring more to the tendency to compare entire discographies in general. Seems stupid to say a band that never released total mediocrity is better than a band that released far better albums with a few missteps.

I love both and ultimately don't feel the need to pick a side, but I have more respect for Maiden. They might have released a mediocre album here and there and some of their recent albums are a little bloated, but they were never the shameless sellouts that Priest were. Priest seemed willing to change their sound in any way, shape or form to fit the trend.

Priest have some awful albums. Point of Entry, Turbo (save a few songs), Ram it Down (save a few songs), Jugulator, whatever the one after Jugulator is called. That's five legitimately bad albums out of 16. And it's not like Nostradamus is an album that's worth listening to start to finish.

I love both and ultimately don't feel the need to pick a side, but I have more respect for Maiden. They might have released a mediocre album here and there and some of their recent albums are a little bloated, but they were never the shameless sellouts that Priest were. Priest seemed willing to change their sound in any way, shape or form to fit the trend.

Priest have some awful albums. Point of Entry, Turbo (save a few songs), Ram it Down (save a few songs), Jugulator, whatever the one after Jugulator is called. That's five legitimately bad albums out of 16. And it's not like Nostradamus is an album that's worth listening to start to finish.

I have more respect for and would rather listen to a band attempting to experiment or branch out than a band who creates the same album over and over again. This is why there are so many shitty metal bands.

I have more respect for and would rather listen to a band attempting to experiment or branch out than a band who creates the same album over and over again. This is why there are so many shitty metal bands.

If you're insinuating that Maiden have done the same thing over and over again, then you're obviously speaking from ignorance.

And if "branching out" is you're nice way of saying compromising the quality of their music to make more money, then I'm fine with bands not "branching out".