Controversial opinions on metal

Oh I totally agree...However, their other 7 or 8 albums, or whatever the fuck, are sub-par bullshit...They HAD solid material, but that was lonnnng ago. Maybe I shouldve used different wording in my last post: "Deicide has sucked since the late 90's."

deicide is probably the most overrated death metal band of all time. Their first album is solid but Bentons vox just make it pretty much unlistenable to me. Nothing special about Legion, that album bores me to death every time i try and give it a spin, pleeenty of better albums that came out during that time. I do somewhat enjoy The Stench of Redemption though. Rest of their shit ranges from mediocre to complete garbage.

deicide is probably the most overrated death metal band of all time. Their first album is solid but Bentons vox just make it pretty much unlistenable to me. Nothing special about Legion, that album bores me to death every time i try and give it a spin, pleeenty of better albums that came out during that time. I do somewhat enjoy The Stench of Redemption though. Rest of their shit ranges from mediocre to complete garbage.
I love Gorguts but their not that great either :D

Id say Cannibal Corpse is the most overrated, even though I still love them too.

Deicide's whole discography except from that shitball album after he got divorced. I'd say the middle chunk isn't anything special, but the first two and the latest two are albums that are pretty much the blueprints for blasphemous DM.

Although, in fairness, I love me some Benton vox. His presence on Vital Remains' "Icons of Evil" made that for me.

Cannibal Corpse isn't overrated, they're just more WELL KNOWN thanks to the over the top album names and covers.

But you have to admit this: of all the old stalwarts of early-90s DM they're the only ones that just kept trucking along making good albums (note "good") without breaking up, collapsing, or embarrassing themselves. Pick any album from their catalog and chances are it'll be a solid listen.

Cannibal Corpse is downright terrible.

And since we are taking about overrated things...Ulver's Bergtatt is an overrated bore.
Nah, the bleeding is one of the most brutally groovy albums ever made, Vile is very underrated btw, I like it much more than the 2-3 albums after it (in fact I don't like them at all haha)

Kill was a little boring for me, I love Evisceration Plague and torture is possibly their heaviest album so far.

Cannibal Corpse is downright terrible.

And since we are taking about overrated things...Ulver's Bergtatt is an overrated bore.

Fuck that, Bergtatt is a top 3 record. Best black metal album, hands down. Fucking perfection. One of the most godlike works of art ever released. Ulver has consistently been god tier, even their psychedelic pop covers album this year is a masterpiece.

No matter how tr00 you are, you can't deny the awesomeness of early CC works like Butchered at Birth or Tomb of the Mutilated. The latter was actually the first metal album I owned on vinyl.

Schwärzung;10467333 said:
No matter how tr00 you are, you can't deny the awesomeness of early CC works like Butchered at Birth or Tomb of the Mutilated. The latter was actually the first metal album I owned on vinyl.
Wouldn't CC be considered Tro0? I thought that non-true metal were metalcore, deathcore, screamo etc? Unless people actually think the popularity of band means they are bad, which is fucking crazy stupid and anyone who thinks that way for real should fuck themselves with a pinecone, or a pineapple.

You forgot their best album tbh, The Bleeding. I laugh at people who hate on CC just because they're popular, particularly because of their earlier discography and even more specifically The Bleeding. There are riffs galore all up in that bitch Thoth Amon would back me up on that too. My second favorite CC album is Bloodthirst.

Id say Cannibal Corpse is the most overrated, even though I still love them too.

I beg to differ. Cannibal Corpse is underrated among death metal fans, because their most rabid fanbase are nu-metal/mallcore dweebs. Most people who actually listen death metal hate CC, which I think is really just death metal fans following the herd. Once you get deep into the genre, all you hear from other death metal fans is how much CC sucks and is absolute shit. Therefore, most death metal fans buy into the hate and throw out their Cannibal Corpse CDs and mp3s. I think that they are among the best, though they do have their share of stinkers. Torture was a great comeback, if you ask me.

I beg to differ. Cannibal Corpse is underrated among death metal fans, because their most rabid fanbase are nu-metal/mallcore dweebs. Most people who actually listen death metal hate CC, which I think is really just death metal fans following the herd. Once you get deep into the genre, all you hear from other death metal fans is how much CC sucks and is absolute shit. Therefore, most death metal fans buy into the hate and throw out their Cannibal Corpse CDs and mp3s. I think that they are among the best, though they do have their share of stinkers. Torture was a great comeback, if you ask me.
Yea but there's over 100x times the number of "nu-metal/mallcore" fans then DM fans.

As I said (maybe in a different thread i'm to lazy to check), the beeding is the best CC album.

The triumverate of Kill, Evisceration Plague, and Torture are nothing to fuck with, either. Each of those has some NASTY tracks on 'em.