Controversial opinions on metal

I like Heritage and think it is better if you listen to the album entirely. Ofcourse it is flawed and can be improved upon. I think the next Opeth will be better aslong as the band progresses. I think the band needed to make a drastic change and Heritage is the beginning stages.

Because posting a youtube video is gonna change our minds... pretty much the only thing I remember from the album is "god is DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD."

To swerve away, Grave - Endless Procession of Souls was easily one of the best death metal albums this year.

Grave is one of the best and most consitant Death Metal bands. Hating Life really sucks, but other than that you can't go wrong with any of their albums.

Heritage is awesome, you guys don't know what you're talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Piuv9oZWP0

Heritage is awesome, and Folklore was one of my favorite songs from that year. That said, you're not going to convince the majority of people on metal forums that.

Grave had a solid outing this year, but for me Incantation, Drawn & Quartered, Necrovation, Desecresy and Hooded Menace all topped it for death metal.

Here's probably a controversial opinion... compared to their other albums, the new Hooded Menace sucks.

Oh and that Necrovation album is fucking terrible. The new Incantation is fantastic though. I listened to it probably five times in a row when I got it in the mail.

Here's probably a controversial opinion... compared to their other albums, the new Hooded Menace sucks.

From what i've read so far that isn't controversial. The new album didn't hit me as hard as either of them for me either, initially. Now I personally have it side by side with Fulfill the Curse.

edit: nevermind, didn't he say he graduated at 14 or something? :lol:

Also, i agree on the new Grave being one of this years best DM albums.

Everyone makes mistakes, do I need to find the many quotes by you where you mess up 50% of the time? I took a test (can't remember the name) to skip high school almost 2 years ago, it took a while but I passed it :) Yes I'm a loser.

Megadeth > Metallica and Slayer has sucked for 20 years.

Death is still better than any DM band from the 80's/90's.

Heritage was the WORST change for any band in the history of time and the worst attempt at sounding like 70's prog rock.

Regular Black Metal is the worst extreme genre of metal, unless the band has symphonic/prog influences they pretty much suck.

German thrash > American Thrash.

1) No.

2) No.

3) Opeth sucks.

4) Don't be a faggot.

5) I guess.

Megadeth > Metallica and Slayer has sucked for 20 years.

About right, but i wouldn't say Slayer has sucked, Divine Intervention was awesome, and some of their newer stuff is pretty decent.

Death is still better than any DM band from the 80's/90's.
they indeed are/were better than most bands around then and now.

Regular Black Metal is the worst extreme genre of metal, unless the band has symphonic/prog influences they pretty much suck.
no.

German thrash > American Thrash.
never.

:) Yes I'm a loser.
Yes, definitely.

Black metal > welcome to hell

Rust in peace > Peace sells

I don't think I've ever heard a band make such a perfect album as Death, on every album from Leprosy to The Sound Of Perseverance there is not a single bad song, seriously not fucking one.

You apparently didn't listen to any of the songs on The Sound of Perseverance before making your judgment on it, since it's one of the worst albums ever recorded by a band that has ever been good. The entire album blows, with the Judas Priest cover being the worst offender.