Controversial opinions on metal

I actually kinda enjoy the tech death hate. Makes me want to listen to more of it. Especially because the people most guilty of it listen to equally masturbatory music, even if its method isn't in notes per second.

Think I'll fire up Sophicide again.

I haven't had my daily dose of black cock yet .... AAARRRGHH!!

Dont be so angry little man, i'm pretty sure Tyrone will show up today.

Just finished downloading Dingir ... now to see see what they're about.

edit: WOW, first song is just pure garbage. It's so bad im tempted to delete the album after listening to it .... and so far the second track sounds just as shitty.

I saw the Rings of Saturn this summer on the Summer Slaughter tour. The guitarists have some ability but I didn't find any of their songs catchy or memorable. They had a weird effect during one of their songs...that was kinda interesting, it is the only thing I remember from their set.

Check this video at about 1:00 in and then again 1:25 or so.

They aren't my cup of tea. There are just so many other bands I would rather listen to than Rings of Saturn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not homophobia, just a startling lack of intellectual capacity. Once someone's been reduced to "lol ur gay" they've tapped out their resources otherwise.

I know that I've used a fair share of 'faggots' and 'my pals' on her and other internet places, but when it becomes relied upon that greatly...not to mention his 'big black cock' posts...

ASP is pretty excellent. And a GREAT live show.

Honestly the majority of death-like bands that come my way are -core so I've seen most of the standardbearers of the genre (Whitechapel, Chelsea Grin, Job for a Cowboy, All Shall Perish...), and to be frank they're REALLY rad live.

Not good "album music" most of the time, but great pit music. Sorta like how I would NEVER go see a doom band live because that's more meditative and better listened to in solitude IMO.

No way man, doom live is brilliant. OM was one of the best live experiences ever and Saint Vitus were the best performance at MDF last year

I just have no interest in seeing those kinds of bands in a crowded setting. I like to listen to my doom with good headphones in a dark room where I can close my eyes and just... drift.

I've no doubt they have great performances! I just don't think that's the right environment. Death (be it grind/core/whatever) is social music. It's built for running around in the pit and knocking shit around, the lyrics are always aggressive and external ("I WILL KILL YOU"). Doom is contemplative and introspective.

What I find highly amusing is how this forum has so many self-righteous traditionalists proclaiming to hate all the new "impure" -core and/or symphonic metal - do you realize that's what all the boxed-in stuffy-nosed geezers of the establishment said back in the day about the new-at-the-time Black Sabbath and co.?

What I find highly amusing is how this forum has so many self-righteous traditionalists proclaiming to hate all the new "impure" -core and/or symphonic metal - do you realize that's what all the boxed-in stuffy-nosed geezers of the establishment said back in the day about the new-at-the-time Black Sabbath and co.?

I find it amusing you suck. :)

Not good "album music" most of the time, but great pit music. Sorta like how I would NEVER go see a doom band live because that's more meditative and better listened to in solitude IMO.

I see what you are saying, but the live atmosphere adds much more to the overall experience than when listening solo. Sunn 0))) is a band that comes to mind...That shit was absolutely mind blowing live. You cant replace passing joints around with people jammin off the same shit at a live show, by yourself, you know?

OM was one of the best live experiences ever

Still on my list to see. Practically at the top tbh.

Really? Funny since I find myself complaining about the exact opposite.

There's a decent ammount of doom I really enjoy, but there's been times when stoned and it really hit me how depressing some of it is. I had this weird stoned expirience while listening to Pentagram one time.