Controversial opinions on metal

Im listening to Rings of Saturn - Embryonic Anomaly right now.

I definately think its worth listenning to although there are plenty of breakdowns ala previous Beneath the Massacre albums...

I can understand how poeple can be dizzied by the barrage of notes, but for me its a worthy listen.

RoS's latest is so much better than their last it's just silly. When I heard that half of Brain Drill (the rhythm section) had joined Rings, all I could think was "wow what a downgrade", but the new album is a worthy spin.

When I heard that half of Brain Drill (the rhythm section) had joined Rings, all I could think was "wow what a downgrade"

I haven't heard anything from Rings of Saturn yet ... but i highly doubt half of Braind Drill joining a deathcore band would be anything of a downgrade.

edit: that's good to know though, i'm gonna go and download that shit, see if it's worth picking up.

It IS kinda spastic and noodly, though. But there's a weird charm to it, I think because they're focused on something other than gore it gives the music a different angle.

I think the breakdown in this track is rad as hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
outright garbage, admitting to liking it should be grounds for being banned from here (coincidentally, all the bad posters would be banned immediately)

What the fuck are you going on about?

You are a fan of The Meads of Asphodel. You think wank-death band X is for the ADHD afflicted. The Meads of Asphodel is black metal for the ADHD afflicted. You're also both members of the most primitive Caucasoid ethnicities. Why are you so full of self-hatred?

Oh, this makes sense. This is where the poster child for straw clutching attempts to draw a comparison between one band with another band for the sake of oneupmanship, although he is most likely out of his depth completely.

Out of all the black metal bands you chose to compare to the Rings of Saturn in terms of lack of substance replaced with technicality, you chose Meads? I don't know when I pissed in your bowl of corn flakes, but you couldn't be more obvious about being butthurt about something I said to you somewhere back in the passage of time.

Not necessarily technicality. Just a penchant for annoying guitar solos and gimmicks to catch the attention of those with little.

FWIW a recent partial relistening of Open the Gates made me realize that The Fires of Mars is a great song and has the songwriting to match their vision. If they have more stuff like that one I'll become a fan, but all the retardedly repetitive and simplistic songs elsewhere makes me think it was a fluke. I do often wonder if they have maybe an album's worth of good songs between all of their albums, however.

But I'll take Brocas Helm any day.