Controversial opinions on metal

Yeah immortal is boring.

And to the guy that says Sodom is bad... Sodom is my absolute favorite thrash band.

I'll be honest:

-From the Big 4 of German Thrash, I really don't like Sodom that much, they are the worst in the Big 4 in my opinion;
-I actually think that Destruction is the best German band ever;

-I actually think that Master of Puppets is not the best Metallica album;
-My favorite Metallica album is Kill 'Em All

-I think that Immortal is the best Black Metal band ever;

-I am not a real big fan of South of Heaven album. The best song in that album for me it's South of Heaven.
]

Destruction only has one good album, the rest of their shit is boring as hell.

Sodom is the best thrash metal band in existence, followed by Megadeth ( at least 80/90's )

Immortal is your favorite band but you have Emperor in your avatar? ( Emperor is far superior to them IMO, Ihsahn is even better, fantastic musician )

Kill em all is complete garbage to my ears, hurts to listen to, I don't like ANY Metallica albums ( at least not anymore ) but if I had to pick one it would be Ride The Lightning.

BTW I like Immortal but almost 90% of the black metal I've heard that isn't them is better. :tickled:

Destruction only has one good album, the rest of their shit is boring as hell.

Sodom is the best thrash metal band in existence, followed by Megadeth ( at least 80/90's )

Immortal is your favorite band but you have Emperor in your avatar? ( Emperor is far superior to them IMO, Ihsahn is even better, fantastic musician )

Kill em all is complete garbage to my ears, hurts to listen to, I don't like ANY Metallica albums ( at least not anymore ) but if I had to pick one it would be Ride The Lightning.

BTW I like Immortal but almost 90% of the black metal I've heard that isn't them is better. :tickled:

LOL!

Which one?

4320.jpg

<Release From Agony>

Ok, you're not hopeless then. What does that album do for you that the adjacent ones don't? It's a lot more technical than Eternal Devastation but both still have some really memorable riffs, and it doesn't have the "primitive" (which I think was always very minor in Destruction to begin with) first-wave elements of their earliest stuff either. For Cracked Brain, it's basically a continuation of Release From Agony's direction with some of the best solos in the genre.

Ok, you're not hopeless then. What does that album do for you that the adjacent ones don't? It's a lot more technical than Eternal Devastation but both still have some really memorable riffs, and it doesn't have the "primitive" (which I think was always very minor in Destruction to begin with) first-wave elements of their earliest stuff either. For Cracked Brain, it's basically a continuation of Release From Agony's direction with some of the best solos in the genre.

Ill check it out, TBH I haven't listened to this band in YEARS, I just remember not liking any of their materiel except RFA.

You don't like any Metallica albums?

I'm a big Sodom fan, but they're not the best... however, at least the music they're making now is passable unlike any of the big-4.

Care to explain further? My music taste being different does not make me "retarded" this is the CONTROVERSIAL opinions on metal thread.

Im just playing around. I didn't agree with most of your post that's why i threw out the LOL! But you just had to ask, so i explained as simply as i could, lol.

First four Metallica albums are all top notch shit, so are Destruction first four(and The Antichrist). So if those are all garbage to your ears then i totally want to fucking step on your face ... jk lol.

Also, Pure Holocaust and Battles in the North are some fucking killer black metal albums .... not too big on the rest of their shit though. Everyone loves At the Heart of Winter, but i thought that album was boring as fuck.

I love Sodom, but IMO their discog can't even come close to touching Megadeth's catalog. I mean, which of their albums can you even put in the same league as Rust in Peace or KIMB? None!

I wouldn't call new Sodom (meaning the last two albums) much less boring than new Anthrax or Slayer tbh.

You don't like any Metallica albums?

I'm a big Sodom fan, but they're not the best... however, at least the music they're making now is passable unlike any of the big-4.

Just like any metalhead Metallica was one of the first bands I listened to, i'm the kind of guy that stops listening to certain bands after a while, and keep finding more. I probably listened to every Metallica song up to the black album 1000 times, I just don't like them anymore.

I'm more into what I like to call "the 2 extremes" in metal, the most heavy brutal death/slam metal and these days, the most beautiful black metal.

Many of us have probably "moved on" from the early thrash era but it doesn't mean we don't like the albums.

I don't listen to Metallica anymore at all but if someone said did Metallica put out any good albums I'd say fuck yes, check out the first four.

I still think Reign in Blood is the greatest thrash album ever.

Many of us have probably "moved on" from the early thrash era but it doesn't mean we don't like the albums.

I don't listen to Metallica anymore at all but if someone said did Metallica put out any good albums I'd say fuck yes, check out the first four.

I still think Reign in Blood is the greatest thrash album ever.
Agent Orange and Rust In Peace are the greatest thrash albums IMO.