Controversial opinions on metal

I don't like what I've heard of Saint Vitus, but I'm totally okay with the accusation of not liking metal.

Musicality > Genrefication

Accusing someone of being a poser for having different preferences is the most hipster move you can make, by the way.

I was actually referencing "If you are a false, don't entry."
It's Sarcofago lyrics.
Just keeping the spirit of everyone being a dick to each other alive.

I don't like what I've heard of Saint Vitus, but I'm totally okay with the accusation of not liking metal.

Accusing someone of being a poser for having different preferences is the most hipster move you can make, by the way.

I like this guy.

I also agree about the slower tempos intensifying things. Slower tempos can sound absolutely crushing.

Nah Ghost is cool. Very campy stuff. If you can listen to Zombie Queen and not at least think about doing some silly dance from forty years ago, its probably not for you.

Edit: also naming off Belial, Behemoth, Beelzebub, Asmodeus, Satanas, Lucifer in your deepest goofiest voice is fun too.

:kickass::kickass:

Try this on for size, Effigy. Just as intense as Portal. In fact, I'd go so far as to say the slower tempo intensifies it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vue-QgbiPBo

Fucking Yob dude...One of my favorite and memorable sets from MDF last year. But, dont know if I agree with the Portal comparison...Portal is just...Portal. Fucking untouchable.

THIS. WHOLE. POST.

Im very picky when it comes to trad doom. A lot of it I cant get into, but there are some that really hit that sweet spot with me. I actually prefer stoner doom to traditional doom, but thats because Im a false.

Stoner doom is good in doses, but the problem I have with it is acts like Electric Wizard who as my friend Brian puts it

are boring, processed by the books Black Sabbath worship.
Only they drown everything in fuzz so they can say LOOK HOW HEAVY WE ARE.
And it's made even worse by the fact that the singer puts his fucking wife in the band on guitar and has her pose for as many promo shots as possible, LOOK WE'RE FUCKING HEAVY AND WE HAVE AN ATTRACTIVE WOMAN IN THE BAND!!!11

It's a fucking joke.

I'm no where near as 'extreme' in my dislike of them, but I just can't stand this 'heaviness for its own sake' without any substance thing that so often goes on with bands like them.

The only thing that bothers me about the wiz is about once per album they have one extremely long instrumental that's usually fucking noises and static. I like the gigantic heavyiness of dopethrone and come my fanatics... But their last two have become my favorites. I really don't think many bands do exactly what they do either but whatever.

Im very picky when it comes to trad doom. A lot of it I cant get into, but there are some that really hit that sweet spot with me. I actually prefer stoner doom to traditional doom, but thats because Im a false.

Dude I'll take a wall of amplifiers, botique fuzz pedals, a reefer cloud and a tall pint of stout over a whole bunch of elites standing akimbo with an occasional head nod any day of the week.

A wall of amplifiers, botique fuzz pedals, a reefer cloud and a tall pint of stout

This is what I live for.:kickass:

The only thing that bothers me about the wiz is about once per album they have one extremely long instrumental that's usually fucking noises and static. I like the gigantic heavyiness of dopethrone and come my fanatics... But their last two have become my favorites. I really don't think many bands do exactly what they do either but whatever.

I enjoy the occasional noise/static instrumentals. I prefer the first 3, everything after hasnt really stuck with me. Black Masses have some catch tunes, though.

I posted a Vitus video and said if you don't like it you don't like metal, but don't know how it got taken seriously...

especially coming from me and all.

Lets not go that far because stuff like Sleep's Holy Mountain and Om fucken rule

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what I used to think YOB played, but it wasn't the contents of that song. Good stuff.