Controversial opinions on metal

Mustaine did NOTHING interesting or important.

Rust_in_Peace.jpg

Kay now go fuck yourself.

For people that love megadeth they love them more than life itself, I've noticed. Personally don't have much opinion about them, its just not my style but I can listen to them.

I've also noticed that a lot of Megadeth fans think that, because they're not as popular as Metallica, Megadeth is some sort of underground band. I've seen countless memes that say stuff like "fuck mainstream music, I listen to Megadeth!" It's ironic because these dumbasses don't realize Megadeth is as close to mainstream as a non-Metallica metal band can get. Megadeth even started touring with fucking metalcore acts.

:lol: I feel sorry for anyone that would think Megadeth is a underground band ... they're one of the most popular metal bands around. Maybe those posters were like 10 years old and jsut getting into metal?

Oh and touring with metalcore bands dosn't really mean sanything, a shit load of bands have.

Point of Entry is a great album. The worst songs are no worse than average, and from the start up through You Say Yes is a phenomenal run. Much better album than Defenders of the Faith and probably a hint better than Screaming for Vengeance too. Judas Priest is really the most consistent of all the god-tier metal bands. Even Nostradamus would have been decent if it were condensed down to one album. Their quality control is quite high, and that their worst song was a leftover (Living Bad Dreams) only supports that. Combined with three virtually-perfect albums in the 70's and massive wins scattered throughout, they have an amazing discography.

The worst songs on PoE are embarrassing to listen to, i.e. All the Way, Toubleshooter. And yeah, Nostradamus would have been good as a single disc, but guess what... it's not.

I would take all of those and the Ripper albums over Painkiller.

Oh man. I don't even know what to say.

Ram it Down doesn't deserve to be lumped in with that other stuff. If released by any other band it would be a cult traditional metal classic.

Maybe you forgot about gems like Love Zone, Johnny B. Good and I'm a Rocker.

Honestly I made a 40 minute album made of the best songs from Turbo and Ram it Down and it's pretty good. But the low points on those albums are so fucking low.

The worst songs on PoE are embarrassing to listen to, i.e. All the Way, Toubleshooter.

Maybe you forgot about gems like Love Zone, Johnny B. Good and I'm a Rocker.

Even most of these are still ok songs. Maybe forgettable, definitely cheesy, but most long-lived bands could only dream of having such songs being among their weakest.

Mustaine did NOTHING interesting or important.

He's definitely overrated by people that consider him to have "invented" thrash metal or written anywhere near a majority of Kill 'Em All, but he could still write some amazing riffs. I think Megadeth might be the most popular metal band to have so little influence shown in following bands, however. Some might say it's because Megadeth was so mega-crazy original awesome and impossible to imitate, but it's more because he was just good at dressing things up.

I've always liked the cover, and even if it sucked, it's just a silly throw-away cover, nothing to hang over the band's head. Parental Guidance is close to crap, though, I'll admit, the chorus melody especially so.

Now that Effigy is gone you take the number one spot on the UM Supreme Faggotry List. Keep it up!

Quite honestly .... Effigy >>> you.

Now, on to other things ...

I'm not really a Annihilator fan, but Alice in Hell stinks, their second album is much, muuuch better.

Dismember > Entombed

Killing is My Business > Kill Em All

Gorguts are the kings of dissonnant chords and riffs when it comes to death metal.

Alice in Hell has been dropping in my books with every listen recently tbh. The (near-)title track is still an awesome song though. If only Waters put a quarter as much effort in his riffs as he did his leads.

Your next two opinions aren't controversial even if they're often argued over. That last one probably isn't either.