Controversial opinions on metal

black metal is occasionally humorous (but only when its not supposed to be)
pig squeals and 'bree brees' are fucking retarded, what the hell are you doing?
all '[verb] the [noun]' metalcore deathcore peniscore bands are terrible but would probably be decent cosmetologists
i like turtles

The ladies love to see a man slap that bass.

Yes they do.

Also, Hendrix was a force of nature. He took the stage every night like a god damn tidal wave, and had no limitations on his expression. He's one of those rare musicians that amazed authorities far outside of his genre. Jazz would not be the same without Jimi. Classical music was changed forever by Jimi.

Robert Fripp (King Crimson) knew his music was truly relevant not because of journalists, but because of the the laud and honor that Hendrix showered him with after a performance. An entire generation of guitarists and bassists completely reshaped their approach based off of his innovations. His talent cannot be argued.

Robert Fripp (King Crimson) knew his music was truly relevant not because of journalists, but because of the the laud and honor that Hendrix showered him with after a performance. An entire generation of guitarists and bassists completely reshaped their approach based off of his innovations. His talent cannot be argued.

I've never approached my opinion of him in that way. This is extremely true. While I don't particularly care for his music or that style in general, your statement couldn't ring more true. Then again, when is the last time I've actually sat down and soaked in a Hendrix album? Never. I should probably give it the time of day.

I've never approached my opinion of him in that way. This is extremely true. While I don't particularly care for his music or that style in general, your statement couldn't ring more true. Then again, when is the last time I've actually sat down and soaked in a Hendrix album? Never. I should probably give it the time of day.

It'll be like the day you finally decided to check out Black Flag, Black Sabbath's 1-4, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, or Burzum. Everything just kinda comes together.

Give Electric Lady Land a listen from start to finish. The variety of sounds on that record is really amazing: blues, jazz, psych rock, proto-metal, r&b, he really covers it all.

Give Electric Lady Land a listen from start to finish. The variety of sounds on that record is really amazing: blues, jazz, psych rock, proto-metal, r&b, he really covers it all.

Yeah, I'm going to pick up some Jimi Hendrix soon actually. But if I'm going to listen to old school rock, I'm going to listen to it on vinyl.

Luckily, on amazon, Jimi Hendrix vinyl is about as cheap as the CDs. Only going for between 12 to 15 bucks. I've also contacted my local record shop to see what they got.

To call Jimi Hendrix boring or to furthermore call him the most overrated guitarist is a perfect example of sheer stupidity. While he *might* not be the greatest, (which Im still willing to debate), he is without a doubt the most influential guitarist to hit the strings and completely revolutionized the way we thought about and used guitars. Not boring and definitely not over-rated.

In his short career of 4 years, Jimi still influences some of the greatest guitarists of today, even 40 years after his death, and will continue to until music is extinct.

Just sit down, watch his performance from Woodstock in 69, and take a lesson in music history and youll see why it was one of the most historic music events to take place, and why he truly is without a doubt the most innovative and influential guitarist the world has seen to date.

To call Jimi Hendrix boring or to furthermore call him the most overrated guitarist is a perfect example of sheer stupidity. While he *might* not be the greatest, (which Im still willing to debate), he is without a doubt the most influential guitarist to hit the strings and completely revolutionized the way we thought about and used guitars. Not boring and definitely not over-rated.

In his short career of 4 years, Jimi still influences some of the greatest guitarists of today, even 40 years after his death, and will continue to until music is extinct.

Just sit down, watch his performance from Woodstock in 69, and take a lesson in music history and youll see why it was one of the most historic music events to take place, and why he truly is without a doubt the most innovative and influential guitarist the world has seen to date.

:kickass:

Can my post and your post get together and make beautiful baby posts some time?