Controversial opinions on metal

:lol: The End? wtf Don't support those gay artfags!

Support NUCLEAR WAR NOW! for blackthrash/doom/etc. orders. For brutal death metal/normal death metal support SEVARED RECORDS and COMATOSE MUSIC. These are the rules of the universe.

whats wrong with the end?! sure its a lil more than what I want to pay but its usually got most of the shit I find rec'd...I like Deathgasm but no idea what to buy next from them since the Scythe Haul..and yeah thats basically the 2 i know. Ill check out Nuclear war

Not a dead band, yet you buy Toxik and Realm?

Realm is dead, and afaik Toxik doesnt do much and hasnt released anything and did the KIT show a few years back

edit, but I would buy a toxik or realm album, or any dead band for cheap used like on here for 5 bucks, who wouldnt? :lol:

The End is just a shit distro that doesn't need your support and there are plenty of distros in the underground which are better and need your support more for the metal underground to survive, so buy from them or I'll rape you. Also it's Nuclear War Now! (nwnprod.com)

im on nuclear war right now and hot damn its cheap. what do you rec? ive been lookign at this nasty savage EP and that hour of 13 s/t since it's been hyped on...but that shit is 2 kvlt for me I know like 4 bands a page at most :lol:

rms, there are a couple magical websites you should know about and use:

www.metal-archives.com
www.myspace.com

The Force is with you...

Mort: eat a bag of dicks imo. The End are pretentious cocky assholes who don't need support as much as plenty of underground labels. Also I lol'ed at them at MDF when they had all their (overpriced) CDs on sale under plastic wrap instead of in normal containers (spine up as usual for portable distro bins).

As for NWN!, it is cheap unless you buy like just 1 CD (shipping is flat rate and begins at about 4-and change), I recommend these CDs:

Damaar "Triumph Through Spears of Sacrilege" CD
Dead Congregation "Graves of the Archangels" CD
Godless Rising "Battle Lords" CD
Hour Of 13 "Hour of 13" CD
King's Evil "Deletion of Humanoise" CD
Marblebog "Forestheart" CD
Morbosidad "Profana La Cruz del Nazareno" CD
Nocturnal Graves "Satan's Cross" CD
Qhwertt "Cloudland" CD
Temnozer "Horizons..." CD
V/A Altar of the Old Skulls CD
Velvet Cacoon "Dextronaat" Double CD
Vermin "A Nihilistic Swarm" CD
Wedard "Einsamer Winterweg" CD
Witchfinder General "Buried Amongst the Ruins" CD
Witchfinder General "Live '83" CD

im on nuclear war right now and hot damn its cheap. what do you rec? ive been lookign at this nasty savage EP and that hour of 13 s/t since it's been hyped on...but that shit is 2 kvlt for me I know like 4 bands a page at most :lol:

Yosuke is class, man. I recommend most anything there as the majority of it is 5 bucks, so how can you go wrong with some blind buys?

maybe.
Probably not, but not too out there imo.
You're gonna get slammed for saying that, though.

edit: thanks, rms.

I never buy power metal because...I dunno really, I just don't. Anyway, I would probably use Amazon or eBay until I found a good power metal distro, but the ones rms listed seem to be good.

Yeah. I wanna get a bunch of stuff off Limb Records (german power metal label, they carry rhapsody's old stuff as well as a bunch of other awesome pm bands), but buying direct from the label is too expensive.

Apparently Navarre Corporation has a US distribution deal with SPV (includes Limb iirc) but I couldn't find shit to prove this on their site other than their official statement. Smells like bullshit...

Amazon has a lot of the shit on LMP and other power metal labels. For instance I found Human Fortress' Lord of Earth and Heavens Heir for 9 plus 3 shipping or so (used, but like new). Amazon is sort lame though because they don't take Paypal, you have to use a debit/credit card. However, I ordered from some people in the marketplace (used CDs) with a gift card I got and my stuff was shipped quickly and well packed. I recommend it.

LoEaHH is great - if you don't have it get it.
But yeah, Amazon has a fairly good selection of power metal. I buy everything from them right now, but I was hoping to find some site with $5 cds, as that would make blind buys much better.

If y'll could recommend me just some distros that sell whatever kind of stuff very cheap, it would be very cool.

There are hardly any that randomly have CDs very cheap, but I'd encourage you to go to MDF with us next year because there were a ton of motherfuckin' deals down there. :cool: