Controversial opinions on metal

I didn't see that smiley...

I think I must be exhausted from trying to listen to and absorb 7 new albums today.

1.)I love Lamb of God, one of my favorite bands. (seed, you're just a LoG fanboy blah, blah, blah... go to hell)
2.) I don't like Slayer. Maybe 1 or 2 songs, but I hate the vocals with such an extreme passion I can't take it.
3.) On that subject, the primary quality I look for in a band is the vocals, which seems like most metal heads find to be blasphemy.
4.) I love Metalcore, one of my top 3 metal sub-genres.
5.) Job for a Cowboy's Doom EP is one of my favorite albums ever.
6.) Black Metal is hit and miss with me. There are a few bands that I love, but most just bore me and I change the band.

I'm sure I have a lot more I'll probably post later.

3.) On that subject, the primary quality I look for in a band is the vocals, which seems like most metal heads find to be blasphemy.
4.) I love Metalcore, one of my top 3 metal sub-genres.

:erk: for me that sounds like a contradiction, because i have yet to hear a metalcore band with good vocals :lol:

On a side note, a long time ago I told the Opeth forum I only liked the heavy parts in Opeth's music and not Mikael's cleans and they seemed to think I was insane.

Fuck yeah!
I agree that vocals is the most important thing (except for the song writing naturally). No instrument is as pure, as touching, as emotional as the human voice. Even if the instrument players lack skill, they can still sound good, but if the vocalist doesn't sound good it turns everything to shit.
Obviously I do believe that every single instrument is very important and a good song could never be reached with just a vocalist. But in the end it's the vocalist who you come in contact with most when hearing a song, he represents everyone in a way, and that's why the vocals are so important (at least for me).

Fuck yeah!
I agree that vocals is the most important thing (except for the song writing naturally). No instrument is as pure, as touching, as emotional as the human voice. Even if the instrument players lack skill, they can still sound good, but if the vocalist doesn't sound good it turns everything to shit.
Obviously I do believe that every single instrument is very important and a good song could never be reached with just a vocalist. But in the end it's the vocalist who you come in contact with most when hearing a song, he represents everyone in a way, and that's why the vocals are so important (at least for me).

this is probably the reason for most of the "its just screaming anyone can do that","thats not talented at all its just screaming" people in the world, the second the hear vocals that arnt clearly sung they assume all of it is crap and tallentless.

Master Of Puppets is boring as fuck.

this is probably the reason for most of the "its just screaming anyone can do that","thats not talented at all its just screaming" people in the world, the second the hear vocals that arnt clearly sung they assume all of it is crap and tallentless.

Its stupid to say anyone can scream.

And as another opinion of mine, I think most Metal bands have shitty screamers and singers. Most have weak voices (IMO) and think that sounding annoying as possible makes up for it.

I can't stand brutal death metal which along with Rap is the worst music ever created. Cali and Texas death metal needs to fuck off.

I think majority of black metal musicians suck.

and you need to get some Slayer like i've been telling you for a year now!
I will get Reign in Blood someday, it's just that I prefer all my favorite death and black metal bands over Slayer, which is why it keeps me from getting anymore Lamb of God, Slayer, or Metallica.:p