Controversial opinions on metal

this is probably the reason for most of the "its just screaming anyone can do that","thats not talented at all its just screaming" people in the world, the second the hear vocals that arnt clearly sung they assume all of it is crap and tallentless.

I wasn't saying that at all, and people who do say that are very narrow minded...
Whether you like someone's voice or not has nothing to do with whether he's talented or not. I usually prefer clean vocals, and still I know growling etc. requires a lot of talent.
And that's also the interesting thing with vocals. The fact that it's so very different, so varied and has so much more to do with personal opinions than just talent. 2 guitarists can have a very different style and sound, but in the end they're still playing the same instrument, while vocals vary a lot more, because the vocals is the person, not an outside object.

I can't stand Six Feet Under and it is mindblowing they're one of the of the best selling death metal bands if not. I swear SFU release a cd and DVD every year and it sounds like they write their albums in a month and kids can play instruments better after playing for 2 months. If that is not gimmicky than what is.

Six Feet Under was laughed at for an hour on Howard Stern they suck so bad. I love death metal vocals and Chris Barnes cracks me right up.
Because it's basic catchy death metal with catchy vocal lines. Yeah, Chris sounds like an evil cookiemonster now, he's sounded that way since Bringer of Blood. Does his throat vibrato get to you?:lol:

I wasn't saying that at all, and people who do say that are very narrow minded...
Whether you like someone's voice or not has nothing to do with whether he's talented or not. I usually prefer clean vocals, and still I know growling etc. requires a lot of talent.
And that's also the interesting thing with vocals. The fact that it's so very different, so varied and has so much more to do with personal opinions than just talent. 2 guitarists can have a very different style and sound, but in the end they're still playing the same instrument, while vocals vary a lot more, because the vocals is the person, not an outside object.

i know you werent sayin that, i was just sayin that that is probably a good explanation.

Wormed is the most hilarious band I've ever heard. I can't stop laughing; he sounds like a fucking frog.

:lol:

I especially find bands funny who have a vocalist who goes 'ur ur ur ur' for 40 minutes. I'm not sure what's worse and more hilarious.

Behemoth and nile are atm best dm bands wich are active.
All metalcore sucks.
If you dont like Death you shouldnt listen death metal. :D. There is my thoughts, (first post \o/)

I think Opeth is incredibly overrated.
i think Sodom owns Slayer when it comes to Thrash. (Slayer is still good, but Sodom is just better).
i think Black Metal like MayheM and Gorgoroth sucks.
Behemoth and Gorguts are kings of Death Metal.
Pantera is bad Thrash.

my somewhat weird opinions in Metal.