Controversial opinions on metal

Never given a shit about Dio or Sabbath. For some reason I'd still prefer Dio though.

Summoning is probably the most boring crap I've ever listened to and the drums in first few albums sound like beats taken out of some cheesy rap songs.

Wow I rarely disagree so strongly with a single post. Sabbath and Dio are the tits. Early Summoning is rough production-wise but past the first album the writing is cool.

Never given a shit about Dio or Sabbath. For some reason I'd still prefer Dio though.

Summoning is probably the most boring crap I've ever listened to and the drums in first few albums sound like beats taken out of some cheesy rap songs.

1407761046271.jpg

Cannibal Corpse should replace Ma-jerk-ovitschschsgehfldmsbsbd and find a more frantic drummer

CC Should go the Enslaved route on their next album. Brutal, bludgeoning death metal with a heavy prog influence would be cool. They need to do something different, even if it's just for one album to see how it goes. They can always go back to the straight up OSDM sound.

UC, that was one of the stupidest fucking things I've read in at least a month. Go home, listen to some Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, and quietly disappear for an as-yet-undetermined amount of time

EDIT: I really, really don't like Mark Wahlberg.

That would be like AC/DC putting out a prog rock album. It'd be terrible.

There are times where you don't fuck with a successful formula, lest you lose your stride.

Agreed. Though if the band itself is getting burnt out on their old formula I'd rather they take a risk and try newer inspired shit vs shitty music they clearly weren't into when writing it. (See: Ghost Reveries/Watershed vs. Heritage/Pale Communion)

Solution for Cannibal Corpse : Get rid of Corpsegrinder, play technical brutal death metal, with slams and shit.

Or just stay the way they are until they break up. Why the fuck change now? They've been what they are since before some of you were born. To stick to that for so long, changing would be betrayal at this point.

Fucking a right, Krow. They are a legacy for doing exactly what it is they do. How gay would it be to drop that legacy for some bullshit. Morbid Angel did it, it was awful.

That'd be like Madonna putting out a thrash album. Ha.

Though if the band itself is getting burnt out on their old formula I'd rather they take a risk and try newer inspired shit vs shitty music they clearly weren't into when writing it. (See: Ghost Reveries/Watershed vs. Heritage/Pale Communion)

Yeah agree with this. Often when bands do the same old thing, unless they inject a bit of variety or points of difference in the music, it can become stagnant and the same old thing.

That would be like AC/DC putting out a prog rock album. It'd be terrible.

There are times where you don't fuck with a successful formula, lest you lose your stride.

ACDC's a bad example, the same shit they put out these days is just woeful. Lowest common denominator bland hard rock. They can't even come up with new lyrics. I'd love to see them try prog rock (probably be bad too though).

It's good to see Opeth change (even though I love GR and Watershed); I like seeing bands trying something different and totally respect Opeth for this.

Can't comment on CC as I never got into them. Change can be good though.