Controversial opinions on metal

FOAD, Ravishing Grimness, fucking The Cult is Alive! C'mon...Everything they've done is great. Maybe not all groundbreaking like their old 2nd wave albums, but I can jam FOAD at a party, during an argument, going to bed, eating dinner... They became a flat out fun, bad ass band.

? I don't think anyone put em' above those albums. And as much as i love their newer stuff, I'll just go ahead and say that there is no way any of it is better than Blaze and UaFM ... but than again, they're not really comparable. Two completely different styles.

I'm not really into uber orthodox black metal. I'm not saying their newer stuff is better, i would just rather listen to it.

I'll agree with Satyricon. They always seemed goofy and awkward, but not in a good way like Immortal.

As for saying DT's newer stuff is better...no. I'm not necessarily saying that. I absolutely love their original BM style, its some of the best ever made. The new stuff is more lose, dirty, and fun. Its got the classic metal feel with the extreme metal approach. Its almost another style of its own. Really hard to compare, but both absolutely essential listening.

Actually, i was just about to say that saying Dark Medieval Times is better than Pure Holocaust might be a little too much. But you possibly cant be saying that Nemesis Divina(their best work by far)is a bad album, right? That one i can confidently say is one of the best black metal albums of all time.

Why is black metal so boring? People talk about the atmosphere and the more subtle melodic changes compared to other styles of metal, but then you have a song like At the Gates' Primal Breath that manages to use all sorts of black metal techniques yet on its own completely destroys often-compared albums like Far Away from the Sun. It's such a shitty, unambitious, second-rate genre.

Why is black metal so boring?

Once you stop your fascination with beautiful dicks, youll understand.

You guys are fucking crazy, the first three Satyricon albums are some top notch black metal. Especially Nemesis Divina and Dark Medieval Times. Those two albums are better than anything Immortal ever did IMO.

Get the fuck out.

Satyricon > Immortal?

And better than Diabolical? Pure Holocaust? Battles?

No. God. Damn. Way.

Satyricon is second rate trash not worth listening in general.

Your opinions are the best mort. Always wrong, but nevertheless very entertaining. Calling those two albums second rate is the equivalent of me calling Schizophrenia or Power and Pain second rate thrash. :lol:

Kafka: have you even listened to those albums man? And no im not saying Satyricon > Immortal (you seem to love coming up with your own conclusions). Satyricon have been garbage for years now. But i did say that those two albums are better than just about everything Immortal ever did. Especially Nemesis Divina.

Black metal fans calling two widely respected classics of the genre garbage? :lol: You guys are fucking hilarious man, i swear. :lol:

And yes, those two albums shit on most of Immortals discog. I know you seem to have a hard on for them, but it's the truth ... deal with it.

Edit: Nemesis Divina is rated higher than every single immortal album on metal archives and RYM. So obviously you guys are in the minority here.

Far Away from the Sun.

And now we're trashing FAftS? Fucking wow, yea i think i've had enough of this place for today.